Founded in San Francisco in 2010, Off the Grid is a leading mobile food innovator changing where and how food is consumed and created by transforming underutilized and temporary spaces into community gathering places. Through public markets, corporate dining services, and catering options, Off the Grid brings communities together around food while increasing economic opportunity for mobile food entrepreneurs. Acclaimed for reinvigorating the Bay Area street food scene through 60 public events that feed more than 100,000 people weekly, Off the Grid also offers a suite of B2B products and services, including Off the Grid Catering.
Off the Grid’s Catering Event Producer is a full-time position, which drives client and guest experience in the planning and on-site execution of our mobile events throughout the Bay Area. The individual in this role will be a key stakeholder in nurturing and growing the client relationship, having high impact on retention and repeat events. The Event Producer works closely with Off the Grid’s Account Executives to ensure a smooth transition throughout the client’s journey from their initial contact through the close of their event and is responsible for managing the client relationship by providing a high level of expertise in events, specifically with food and beverage, event logistics, and onsite production. This role directly reports into the Senior Catering Event Producer.
Charismatic and motivated, the ideal candidate believes in emphasizing customer service and relationship building. You are logistically minded, organized, and extremely detail-oriented with excellent time-management skills. You handle pressure with efficiency and grace, changing gears quickly in order to respond well to client requests. The Event Production team is a group of individuals passionate about providing our customers with exciting and innovative catering offerings and unique event experiences, and we are excited to meet you!
HOW THIS ROLE RELATES TO THE SUCCESS OF OTG:
- Deliver on our value promise, exceeding client expectations through impeccable event production and hospitality. As a result of this, the Event Producer is a key driver to customer retention and profitability.
- Collaborate with sales, operations, creative, and production teams to manage sold projects from inception through on-site execution and post-project wrap-up.
- Collaborate with clients to transform spaces and empower creators and vendors to provide a unique experience for guests while working closely with interdepartmental teams throughout the planning process to create turn-key experiences.
- Work closely with the team to establish and maintain relationships with new and existing creators for catering events. Execute and continuously better the Catering Production event process.
This position will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Oversee the design and execution of full production plans for onsite and offsite services to include budgets, event experience design, catering, rentals, production schedules, timelines and floor plans.
- Collaborate with sales, operations, creative, and production teams to project manage sold events from inception through on-site execution and post-project wrap-up.
- Develop layout of small and large-scale events with focus on aesthetic, flow and functionality
- Ensure flawless execution, quality of service and timely delivery of all necessary components, properties, and materials for each event, on-site.
- Collaborate with Creators and Vendors, both in-house and 3rd party, to efficiently and respectfully deliver services.
- Build relationships with existing talent, partners and stakeholders maintaining the brand status of excellent service, client satisfaction while focusing on increased sales opportunities.
- Work with Accounting team and support client on planning, execution and post-event reporting. Maintain consistent and thorough communication with all involved.
- Negotiate contracts/agreements with 3rd party vendors and team contractors.
- Create and maintain a project plan, timeline and budget for each event and increase revenue through planning and managing vendor contracts to fall within budget.
- Typical project scope responsibilities include: the development and management of resources, staffing, signage and menu development, décor, permitting, food & beverage, and graphics.
- Develops and tracks project schedules, agendas and event flows as needed.
- Develop and manage customer expectations by providing clear communication, hospitality, and professionalism
- Maintain relationships with high value customer contacts, creating repeat business
- Proactively address and escalate customer complaints and concerns and engage in client recovery meetings, on case by case basis
Years of Related Professional Experience: 2-4 years of full-time event planning and/or Food and Beverage experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality or relevant experience
- Valid CA Driver’s License and Clean Driving Record
Management Experience: At least 2 years of successful experience supervising support or service staff
Computer/Software Applications: Google Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, GCal, Sheets, Slides), Microsoft Suite, Slack, Social Tables, and Salesforce
Project Management Tools: Asana
Presentation Tools: Slides, Keynote, Adobe Suite
Travel Required: 30-50% - occasional travel may be required for certain events
- Vendor/third-party management experience preferred
- Understanding of technical tools necessary for implementing and tracking processes and systems to measure and make continuous improvements to systems.
- Has the ability to work with a team to anticipate client needs onsite.
- Is committed to finding solutions to problems and is able to communicate effectively with clients.
- Ability to foster a team environment.
Schedule Requirements: This is a full-time position that requires occasional nights and weekends as necessary to support the operational needs.
The worker is subject to both environmental conditions. This job frequently occurs inside, frequently occurs outside, and is subject to outside environmental conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the job duties, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required include visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned, close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. In addition, the employee will be occasionally required to lift and/or move moderate (up to 20 pounds) and heavy (50 pounds or greater) weight.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Off the Grid Diversity Statement
Off the Grid is committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values differences among our associates, customers, vendors, and the communities in which we live and conduct business. Our continued success and growth is enhanced through initiatives that promote diversity throughout the company and our communities. Off the Grid is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.