We have an opening for an experience Category Manager (REMOTE). The ideal candidate should have 10+ years of sourcing/procurement experience and 5+ of IT procurement experience preferred. As Category Manager your role is a key component of the strategic sourcing and procurement team. Category Manager closely works with business partners to source, contract and manage suppliers required to support firms’ business.
This role is responsible for development and execution of a multi-year category/strategic sourcing plan with associated cost savings projections based on the business' anticipated demand and requirements. This role continuously captures category requirements and business objectives and works to meet or exceed these service levels at the lowest costs possible through optimal sourcing execution and spend management initiatives.
This role is also responsible for directly leading complex business transactions, negotiating associated contracts, and resolving complex contract and service issues with suppliers. This role will also lead the development and execution of a supplier relationship management program where applicable.
The position is 100% REMOTE that can work anywhere in the continental United States.
- Leading sourcing and commercial negotiations with IT and telecom providers and delivering market guidance to the IT function and business units
- Manage the early engagement with stakeholders to ensure effective demand management, and that the business requirements are understood, managed and fulfilled
- Accountable for the creation and implementation of strategic sourcing plans in line with the appropriate category plan/strategies.
- Responsible for the on-going contract management of all contracts for the responsible category
- Oversee IT hardware and software supplier management focusing on supplier performance relative to contracted SLA's and ensuring product and service delivery as contracted
- Work closely with internal business partners to ensure products and services are delivered timely in support of business operations
- Manage and negotiate with technology consulting and service provider relationships which includes conducting supplier review meetings, negotiating costs and terms in partnership with stakeholders, and managing performance related issues.
- Work closely with the legal department on new IT contracts and subscription renewals.
- Research industry trends and key market information to identify opportunities to improve process and drive continuous improvement.
- B.S. / B. A. required
- 10 years of sourcing/procurement experience, 5+ of IT procurement experience preferred
- Customer-centric focus, energized by opportunity to partner with internal stakeholders
- Solid understanding of information technology concepts
- An understanding of intellectual property concepts (licensing, IP ownership, derivatives, and copyright) general contracting terms and system development life cycle
- An understanding of common software licensing metrics, software licensing compliance and software maintenance and support concepts
- An understanding of the software technologies available in the marketplace and associated licensors
- An understanding of cloud computing service models and trends
- An understanding of the construction of statements of work (time and material, fixed fee, milestones, deliverables and acceptance criteria)
- An understanding of typical IT consulting roles (technical architect, application developer, etc.)
- Experience negotiating software license, support and maintenance agreements
- Experience leading/influencing individuals/teams and establishing performance expectations
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse audience using a variety of mediums
- Project management skills and experience
- Intermediate or advanced MS office and PC skills
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.trccompanies.com/.
TRC is a global consulting firm providing environmentally advanced and technology-powered solutions for the oil and gas, power and infrastructure industries. TRC has over 7,000 employees in over 150 offices globally, including Canada, China and the UK.
Incorporated in Connecticut in 1969, TRC has spent half a century providing cutting edge professional services in the engineering and consulting realm. From humble beginnings as The Research Corporation of New England, a meteorological and air quality analysis firm, TRC quickly expanded into the power, and infrastructure markets and serves as an environmentally focused and digitally powered consulting firm. For more than 50 years, we have set the bar for clients who require consulting, construction, engineering and management services, combining science with the latest technology to devise solutions that stand the test of time. We break through barriers for our clients and help them follow through for sustainable results.
Working at TRC means tackling interesting, meaningful projects. We pride ourselves on our collaborative spirit, entrepreneurial zeal and agile corporate structure. We recognize that the expertise of our staff is our strongest asset, so we generously reward employees for successful performance and invest in their careers through training and the development of new skills and certifications.
TRC is ranked #17 on ENR's list of the Top 500 Design Firms in the United States.
We understand our clients’ goals, and embrace them as our own, applying creativity, experience, integrity and dedication to deliver superior solutions to the world’s energy, environment and infrastructure challenges.
We will solve the challenges of making the Earth a better place to live — community by community.