Category Management Coordinator
Bring your organizational, planning, and prioritizing skills to your role as a Category Management Coordinator at The North West Company (NWC). If you’re highly motivated, looking to join a fantastic team and want the opportunity to develop a career path, this role is the perfect opportunity for you. The Category Management Coordinator would report to the Category Manager and assist in a variety of projects and administration. Category Management is the business unit responsible for product assortment, strategic pricing, in-store placement and negotiating promotions with vendor partners. Your accountabilities in this role will allow you to exercise your administrative skills, enhance your project and time management ability, while also giving you the opportunity to become familiar with our processes, the organization, and our innovative corporate culture.
Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive salary and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture.
NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighbourhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information.
- Complete and submit item file maintenance;
- Submit cost and retail changes;
- Create product bookings for Northern Canada Retail;
- Gather information through report running and creation for the Category Team;
- Coordinate sample routing for future marketing and advertising initiatives;
- Assist in flyer development;
- Prepare a variety of correspondences; and
- Assist with other duties supporting the Category Management team as assigned.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- A certificate or diploma in a marketing or administrative related program is an asset;
- Must possess a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Demonstrate ability to work within strict timelines while managing multiple projects, tasks, and assignments.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service;
- Ability to deliver on highly time sensitive work, requiring superior reliability and punctuality;
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, and Outlook; and
- Previous general office and/or retail experience is an asset.
Location: Gibraltar House, 77 Main Street, Winnipeg, MB
Reports To: Category Manager
We create a collaborative and constructive culture by:
- Being Enterprising • Committing to our Customer • Working with Passion • Leading and Developing Others • Demonstrating Respect and Inclusivity • Building Trust
The North West Company is committed to inclusion and diversity and encourages applications from all candidates including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, and persons with disabilities.
A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For Internal Applicants only:
Salary Grade: COR004
Interested internal applicants are invited to apply directly on the website no later than 4:00 P.M, Thursday, April 27, 2023. Internal applicants must select “Yes” as the answer to “Are you currently employed by The North West Company or any of its subsidiaries?” during the application process.
Positions will be advertised externally; however internal candidates will receive first consideration based on qualifications. NWC employees are encouraged to bring forward applications of external candidates that meet the qualifications of this position.
NOTE: Prior to applying, an internal employee MUST obtain a written endorsement email from their current Manager or Manager – once – removed and provide this to the recruitment team before they can be considered for opportunities. This position adheres to the Corporate Job Posting Guidelines.