Senior Sales, Domestic Services
BNSF Logistics is a technology and people-driven third-party logistics company that delivers what matters – to our people, our customers, our carriers, and our communities. BNSF Logistics is a place where diverse talent works together every day in an inclusive way to create and implement the best ideas to help us DELIVER WHAT MATTERS. We achieve this through our commitment to our Guiding Principles which helps us create the ultimate competitive advantage in the marketplace.
We PROTECT THE WELL-BEING OF OURSELVES AND OTHERS
We DRIVE INNOVATION AND EMBRACE TRANSFORMATION
We RESPECT AND SERVE EVERYONE
We KEEP OUR COMMITMENTS
We FOSTER A COLLABORATIVE AND INCLUSIVE COMMUNITY
We CELEBRATE AND ENJOY THE JOURNEY!
*This is an outside commercial sales position focused on Phoenix and the Southwest, candidates must be located in Arizona or Utah*
The key responsibility of the Senior Sales, Domestic Services is the development of new business revenue in all market verticals. Using a consultative approach and a formal sales process the Senior Sales, Domestic Services will work at the direction of the Director, OTR Business Development, as well as independently, to identify, engage and close new business opportunities with potential new customers. New business may be in multiple modes and services including: third party logistics services, distribution services, consulting services and B2B multimodal solutions with a focus on over the road, LTL, and cross border transportation solutions.
· Sales activity will be focused on senior level decision makers within a prospect to obtain a significant position for BNSF Logistics in the transportation and/or transportation management of shipments.
· The Senior Sales, Domestic Services will interact with procurement, solutions design, marketing, operations and other sales team members in the fulfillment of their responsibilities.
· Prospect new customers through various channels, including phone, email, visits, conferences, etc.
· Collaborate with the Director, OTR Business Development to develop pricing strategies and proposals from procurement pricing information. Plan, develop and present proposals to customers.
· Upon selling new business, the Senior Sales, Domestic Services will strategically pass the account to the account management team for the daily execution and continued growth.
· Achieve annual revenue growth objectives, in line with provided guidance with new business targets and industry segments as established by the Vice President, Sales.
· Document all sales activity performed in our internal Customer Relationship Management tool (CRM) for ongoing evaluation of the new business pipeline and measurement of sales closure results. Sales activity will include sales phone calls, emails, contacts, visits, messages, RFP and opportunity updates.
· This position is primarily an outside sales role meeting with potential new customers and may require up to 50% business travel.
· A four year college degree is preferred
· 4 years outside sales experience is required
· Logistics industry sales experience is preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.