Cardiology Sonographer I
This position operates ultrasound equipment used to produce quality diagnostic echocardiography to ensure optimal patient care.
- Perform inpatient & outpatient diagnostic cardiac sonograms in accordance with the American Society of Echocardiography (ASE) guidelines for digital image acquisition
- Perform advanced echo imaging including echo guidance for interventional procedures, such as ECMO, LVAD, ASD devices, Balloon Septostomy & PCE taps
- Assist with intraoperative TEE
- Responsible for performing, archiving & calculations of all pediatric cardiac ultrasound imaging by using appropriate machine optimization, probe selection & patient positioning
- Utilize critical thinking skills & a segmental approach while imaging to produce diagnostic high-quality studies in normal to complex congenital heart defects
- Experience: 1-year cardiac sonography experience
- Education: Associate degree in Echocardiography - Required
- Required: BLS (American Heart Association)
- Preferred: Certified in Pediatrics
- Preferred: Certified in 1 of the following: Fetal, Vascular, Adult
At Children’s Health, we value the role each team member plays in helping us deliver on our mission of making life better for children.
For nine consecutive years, Children’s Health has been recognized as one of the 150 top places to work in health care by Becker’s Hospital Review. This esteemed list features healthcare systems which offer professional development, growth, excellent benefits and promotion of diversity above and beyond other organizations.
Children’s Health offers opportunities for learning and career development; competitive pay; and a comprehensive benefits program. We promote a diverse and inclusive workplace.