Cannabis Packaging Line Lead
The Manufacturing Team Lead is responsible for the efficient and accurate operation of our packaging processes, including filling, capping, packaging and labelling functions for a variety of products. Team leads ensure adherence to all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), are detail orientated, well organized, and have excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
Motif Labs is a licensed cannabis extraction facility located in SW Ontario. Motif operates as a business-to-business enterprise, offering toll processing and contract manufacturing services to Licensed Producers (LP's) and 3rd Party Brands. Motif is experiencing significant growth and we are seeking dynamic and professional individuals to join our team. Motif prides itself on Integrity, Collaboration and Quality, and these core values are at the center of everything we do.
- Responsible for line clearance, setup, documentation, in-process checks and quality spot checks for manufacturing lines.
- Assume a leadership role within the team to achieve target line rates and appropriate quality levels.
- Foster and maintain a positive and collaborative work environment to motivate staff
- Identify and remove obstacles that prevent your team from accomplishing tasks
- Proactively manage employee, process or equipment issues and escalating up as required
- Operate filling, capping, packaging and labelling equipment as needed
- Ensure equipment is clean and calibrated before use
- Prepare product filling and packaging vapes, tinctures and topicals prior to batch transition
- Assist with cleaning of packaging room
- Perform cleaning and maintenance on equipment as required
- Follow strict quality control checks and ensure batch records are recorded clearly and accurately
- Follow guidelines for storing of supplies and products and disposal of waste
- Strict compliance with all regulations under the Cannabis Act
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in production or manufacturing environments in Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) facilities is preferred
- Experience in problem solving and following detailed procedures
- Previous experience in a team lead role considered an asset
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing and challenging team environment
- Ability to work according to tight schedules and timelines
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail, and ability to use common sense
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and be willing to learn and adapt to change
- Must remain in compliance with provincial and federal regulations, and internal Motif policies
- Physically fit; standing and/or sitting will be required for long periods of time and must be able to lift up to 25 lbs
- Required to pass a criminal background check
- Must be able to work various shift schedules as required
What We Offer
- Schedule: Continental - Day Shifts Only (detailed below)
- Competitive Vacation Package
- Group Benefits Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for Growth
- “Half Continental” rotating shift schedule (DAY shift): 4 days one week, 3 days the following week
- Sunday through to Saturday (7-day operation). Hours are 7:30am – 8:00pm (12.5 hours)
- Breaks are: three 30 min breaks to be broken up based on team needs and discussed with Supervisor/Manager
COVID PROTOCOL (ON SITE):
This role is performed on site at our production facility in Aylmer, Ontario and Motif provides all required PPE and has continued manufacturing safety protocols: a well-fitted mask must be worn at all times while indoors and staff are to remain 2M+ apart unless otherwise communicated.
HOW TO APPLY:
YOU MUST submit your resume and cover letter to Motif Labs careers page at: www.motiflabs.ca to be considered.
We thank all interested applicants but only those who have been selected for interview will be contacted.