Cannabis Audit Manager
Looking to work at a firm that encourages a work life balance?
Withum is a forward-thinking, technology-driven advisory and accounting firm, helping clients to Be in a Position of StrengthSM in today’s modern business landscape. Withum empowers clients with innovative tools and solutions to address their accounting, tax and overall business management needs. Withum is a place where talent thrives. We recruit only the best and brightest people, with a genuine passion for the business.
Withum’s Auditing and Attest Engagement services are the cornerstone of our firm. Withum’s audit and advisory team possess the expertise necessary to give stakeholders confidence in financial information. This team provides audit services, Review and compilation services and other agreed upon audit procedures to a variety of client sizes and industries.
This Cannabis Audit Manager role will be based out of our New York City office. but will have the ability to work remotely as well. You'll work alongside an integrated team of seasoned, well-known CPAs and industry leaders and have an opportunity to build a strong team to be provided with a path to Partnership.
Withum’s brand is a reflection of our people, our culture and our strength. Withum has become synonymous with teamwork and client service excellence. The cornerstone of our success can truly be accredited to the dedicated professionals who work here every day, whose mission is to help our clients grow and thrive - to be in a position of strength. But our commitment goes beyond our clients as we continue to live the Withum Way, promoting personal and professional growth for all team members, clients, and surrounding communities.
How You’ll Spend Your Time:
- Active involvement in consulting services to these entrepreneurial companies in establishing operations, structuring entities, assessing controls, and assisting in preparation of forecasts and projections.
- Oversee the engagement team staff on the planning and execution of attest services (audit, review or compilation) to effectively and efficiently provide world-class client service to cannabis clients
- Consult with clients on unique cannabis topics including: costing of inventory Sections 280E and 471 compliance and structuring transactions and entities.
- Consult with clients on highly relevant cannabis industry topics such as: accounting for deal costs, debt with warrants, and share-based compensation.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the audit engagement from staffing, planning, risk assessment, fieldwork, financial reporting and reporting on a GAAP basis
- Provide supervision and support to the engagement staff and seniors and promote open communication to the engagement partner
- Collaborate with engagement team seniors or supervisors and partners on client issue resolution and make recommendations for any legal, regulatory and accounting issues that arise during an attest/ audit engagement
- Network with other industry representatives to promote our brand in this tight knit sector
- Manage multiple engagements concurrently with various teams to efficiently meet client deadlines and monitor financial metrics
- Conduct constructive discussions with team members on their evaluations and providing constructive counsel
- Serve in professional development programs as an instructor or discussion leader.
- Collaborate with the cannabis team on researching industry topics and emerging trends to create and present article and webinar content.
The Kinds of People We Want to Talk to Have Many of The Following:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting and CPA license
- At least 5+ years of public accounting experience, with experience leading multiple engagements and supervising staff
- Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills including familiarity with US GAAP
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing projects
- Strong leadership, training, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills to represent the Firm well to client’s management
- Excellent analytical, organizational, project management skills, strong attention to detail, and proven innovative problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel as needed based on client assignments
The compensation for this position ranges from $120,000 – $170,000. In addition to the base compensation, Withum offers a competitive benefits package and bonus program (for eligible roles) based on individual and firm performance. Final offer amounts are based on multiple factors such as the specific role, hiring location, as well as the individual’s skills, experience and qualifications.
Withum will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because they are a protected veteran. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Remotely anywhere within the United States except the States of Colorado & New York.