Campaign Operations Lead
Opportunity is not evenly distributed. Shopify puts independence within reach for anyone with a dream to start a business. We propel entrepreneurs and enterprises to scale the heights of their potential. Since 2006, we’ve grown to 10,000 employees and generated over $496 billion in sales for millions of merchants in 175 countries.
This is life-defining work that directly impacts people’s lives as much as it transforms your own. This is putting the power of the few in the hands of the many, is a future with more voices rather than fewer, and is creating more choices instead of an elite option.
Moving at our pace brings a lot of change, complexity, and ambiguity—and a little bit of chaos. Shopifolk thrive on that and are comfortable being uncomfortable. That means Shopify is not the right place for everyone.
Before you apply, consider if you can:
- Care deeply about what you do and about making commerce better for everyone
- Excel by seeking professional and personal hypergrowth
- Keep up with an unrelenting pace (the week, not the quarter)
- Be resilient and resourceful in face of ambiguity and thrive on (rather than endure) change
- Bring critical thought and opinion
- Embrace differences and disagreement to get shit done and move forward
- Work digital-first for your daily work
The Campaigns Operations Lead will play a pivotal role on Shopify’s Commercial Marketing team by helping to unlock and activate the full potential of our internal teams with a specific focus on the delivery and successful execution of large marketing programs and campaigns.The incumbent will take a lead role in supporting the global Commercial Marketing teams by reducing the operational toil on value creators by removing operational friction while continuously encouraging marketing agility and empowering the creative process.
A significant portion of the work will be campaign orchestration and coordination across Shopify whether it’s with our Creative, Products, Growth Marketing, Sales, Content or Revenue Operations teams. We are looking for someone who has a background in either a marketing agency or in an B2B enterprise marketing setting, who has an in-depth understanding of the campaign lifecycle, and who has a track record of significantly improving the operational and/or programs side of B2B campaigns.
What you'll do:
- Ensure the smooth execution of large scale marketing campaigns and programs from planning to design and build to post-launch measurement and iterations
- Orchestrate and coordinate campaign activities by working closely with stakeholders from all Commercial Marketing team but also across Shopify, including Creative, Product, Growth, Sales, Content, and Operations teams
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders and teams to ensure early visibility into all campaigns and tailor the right communications to the right stakeholders throughout the campaign lifecycle
- Create work back schedules for all large campaigns and work with internal stakeholders to secure resources and reduce operational friction
- Build and maintain a campaigns calendar across all of commercial marketing, working within the operations teams to ensure mapping to other GTM activities and all content in production
- Review and maintain the definition of campaign readiness
- Keeping marketing agility at the forefront, identify common gates and milestones for all campaigns and track progress and flag risks against those criteria
- Identify the best approaches to unlock operational bottlenecks and execute on those findings
- Own the rituals and artifacts to keep the team moving fast and ensure all campaign documentation and tooling are up-to-date at all times
- Be hyper focused on outcomes and work with the funnel optimization team to ensure that campaign performance dashboards are in place, that all results can be measured, and that there is a feedback loop to the campaign team
- Work with our regional operations team members to ensure regional trickle down and representation of all campaigns
- Deploy the right mechanisms to measure the effectiveness of any process improvements you make, and drive adoption of those changes via effective communications, feedback seeking, and consensus building Build and maintain positive, cooperative relationships with various cross-functional teams
- Champion a data-driven culture amongst all programs under your purview
- Strong campaign operations and program management skills, ideally gained by working in an agency or an in-house B2B marketing setting for a minimum of 8-10 years
- In-depth understanding of the B2B customer journey and different routes to market
- Hands-on experience with different operational and program management approaches; experience with agile marketing would be a bonus!
- Strong communication, engagement, and consensus gathering skills
- The ability to identify key decision makers and communicate effectively with different audiences and stakeholder groups
- The ability to take ownership of tactical and strategic decisions, and be able to explain the rationale of those decisions
- Creative problem solving skills and the unique ability to stay calm and positive when things turn sideways. Every day is different and we thrive on ambiguity. You’ll adapt to shifting approaches, situations, and priorities, and use your experience and judgment to create the best possible outcomes.
- The ability to be resourceful; this is a new role and a lot of learning will be achieved by rolling up your sleeves and getting things done!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.