At Rothy’s, we know there’s a better way to do business, and it starts by putting the planet and its people first. More than 166 million single-use plastic bottles and 603,000 pounds of ocean-bound marine plastic have been transformed into our signature thread, creating wardrobe staples that look just as good as they feel.
Striving for zero waste, we combine 3D knitting technology and handcrafted assembly to create machine washable styles that don’t compromise on comfort. From classic shoes to carry-everywhere bags, we create essentials for wherever you go.
At Rothy’s, building a sustainable future is at the heart of everything we do. We pride ourselves on fostering an inclusive environment at our HQ, retail stores and wholly-owned factory, and are growing our community every day.
The Product Design team are the creative minds behind our beloved products. As the designers of our shoes and bags, they have unparalleled insight to past and future brand innovations. From fresh silhouettes to new colors and patterns in existing classics, the innovations dreamed up by this team have become what Rothy’s is known—and loved—for.
We’re looking to add a CAD Designer to our small but mighty Design Team. In this individual contributor role, you’ll help develop our next Rothy’s product by collaborating on what pattern or color we should offer next! You’ll work closely with our creative Product Development Teams.
Want to learn more? Check out the responsibilities and qualifications below.
What you’ll do:
- In depth research on relevant trends to inform innovation and development of color, pattern, and materials
- Create unique CADs with original pattern and color per the seasonal design strategy set by the VP of Design & Merch Line Plan
- Facilitate the transition of footwear styles from design concept, first prototype to a final, production-ready sample
- Collaborate with Production & China team members design’s intent and offer solutions to technical knitting, material and construction details
- Proactively communicate with internal team members, contractors, manufacturing facilities, sourcing teams, and material management staff throughout the entire development process
- Participate in design weekly meetings to review priorities and communications to the broader product teams
- Review prototypes and pre-production samples against all technical packages and finalize CADs for production
- Keep design boards and databases accurate and up to date
- Accomplish all tasks within given time constraints and brand calendar deadlines
- Collaborative and eager to learn
- Adaptive to changing priorities, designs, and timelines
- Passionate about color, pattern, innovation, sustainability and knitwear
- 5-8 years of experience in CAD design
- Expert level proficiency in Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Proficient in PDM systems
- Enjoy working in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment
- Great communication skills and ability to follow directions in a timely manner
- Generous paid time off
- 401k matching
- Comprehensive health plans for you and your family
- Supplemental mental health benefits
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Employee Discount Program!
Base pay is one part of the total rewards package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work. This role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses/incentives, as well as a comprehensive benefits package.