At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems sector (NGDS) is seeking a Business Strategy Communications Director 1 to join our growing team of diverse professionals at our sector headquarters in McLean, Virginia.This position will serve as the primary communications advisor to the Weapons Systems business and leadership team, reporting to the Sector Vice President of Communications.Responsibilities:
- Leads the development, execution, and measurement of communications strategies that complement and enable the company’s business objectives in the Weapons Systems arena
- Works at multiple levels of the organization, e.g., sector, division, and corporate, to collaborate and align the appropriate programming and proper resources to ensure consistent execution of the communications strategy
- Leads a small team accountable for positioning the brand to best support the business goals across our Weapons Systems portfolio
- Prioritizes, plans, measures, and executes the integrated strategic communications plans and activities in alignment with the sector’s key priorities
- Must have one of the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Communications or a related discipline with a minimum of 12 years of Communications experience
- Master’s degree in Communications or a related discipline with a minimum of 10 years of Communications experience
- Understanding of U.S. and international defense markets
- Proven track record developing and executing integrated communications plans
- Track record of leadership success with business driven, complex communications projects
- Excellent executive-level communications skills
- Strategic systems-level thinking, interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to manage budgets, schedules and executive support
- Track record of successfully leading teams of direct and matrixed employees including team members located in multiple locations
- Management of multiple projects and priorities while meeting schedule, budget, and quality requirements
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Secret security clearance
- Must be able to travel as needed (up to 25% of the time)
- Must be able to work on-site in McLean, Virginia
- Demonstrated success leading international communications projects
- Understanding of the global sustainment and modernization landscape to include customers, and competitors
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.