We are looking for someone who will be a key cross-functional Loommate and take on some of Loom's most urgent, cross-functional business strategy and operational projects. As a hire on a small team, you will work collaboratively across Engineering, Product, Go-to-market, and Ops teams on a variety of strategic and operational initiatives. You will be digging through data, identifying actionable insights, scoping out project plans and driving the cross-functional execution and implementation of those projects. We're looking for someone who has both an analytical mind-set and a collaborative problem-solving approach, who can solve complex problems in a structured manner, and is comfortable working in an ambiguous and evolving role.
We are currently hiring remotely in the United States and Canada
- Drive and support cross-functional initiatives such as quarterly company-wide planning, pricing strategy, strategic investments and geographic expansion
- Partner with stakeholders across Loom to support their business initiatives and operations in a collaborative, data-driven way
- Work cross-functionally to engage with project partners to understand, scope and implement operational improvements or perform analysis to inform strategic decision-making
- Leverage your business background to design and implement strong systems and processes that support Loom's scaling and improves Loom's operational performance
- Exercise sound business judgment to prioritize and evaluate new initiatives and company priorities, with an eye toward long term value creation
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of relevant experience in management consulting, investment banking, private equity, corporate planning, business finance, analytics, or related fields.
- Practical business sense and a strong ability to ask the right questions and translate strategic concepts into an operational execution plan
- A highly entrepreneurial “roll up your sleeves” mindset; excited about making an impact at a fast-growing company
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and communicate actionable insights.
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and build strong working relationships
- Experience with SQL or strong willingness to learn
How We Work
Freedom and Flexibility: At Loom, we believe work is an act, not a place. When we disengage work from a location, we can accommodate a broad range of life choices. You can choose to work from home or while you travel. If you are in the Bay Area, you can drop by our San Francisco office on 2nd and Market St. when reopens in Fall 2021. We are able to hire across the United States and Canada* and are continuing to expand our international presence. And you are free to move within a country without any adjustment to compensation.
Engaging Workday: The key to an engaging workday is finding the right balance between different ways to work sync, async, text and video. Loom makes it easier for us to say what we mean without having to schedule a zoom meeting or struggle to find the right words. And using async communication allows us to free up time for deep work every day. We believe there's a place for sync time - often a conversation on Zoom is exactly what is needed. For team meetings, this ‘sync time’ is typically between 9AM-Noon PT given where the overlap of timezones where Loommates are located.
Work-Rest Balance: The way we balance the fast-paced demands of a high-growth startup and sustainability is making rest a priority. We offer a flexible PTO policy so you're able to take time off when you need it. We also go fully offline once a year between Christmas and New Year (and twice during the Pandemic). Rest is also part of the workday, not just during PTO. Taking a break for personal commitments, whether it's watching the kids or getting some exercise is natural part of the workday.
Social Connection: Relationships and connectedness matter. We are intentional about building trust and relationships through unique, shared experiences. Our virtual workspace keeps us connected day-to-day whether it's through Looms celebrating wins or our buzzing Slack communities. Post-COVID, we want Loommates to meet in person at least twice a year purely for fun. We're also experimenting in local offices as social spaces, starting with San Francisco in Fall 2021.
Perks at Loom
- Competitive compensation and equity package
- 99% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
- Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with 4% company matching
- Professional development reimbursement
- Mental health and wellness reimbursement
- Gym reimbursement
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid parental leave
- Remote work opportunities
- Home office & technology reimbursement
Loom = Equal Opportunity Employer
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.