Business Intelligence Analyst
As a member of the FP&A team, you will play an integral role in identifying and delivering insights that drive and scale a fast-moving, public company. FP&A provides insight into Stitch Fix’s business building, improving, and implementing financial models to inform business decisions, and build strong cross functional relationships. We engage directly with both senior management and front-line operators to understand the drivers of Stitch Fix’s business, and how to optimize merchandise margin and inventory and scale effectively. You will build, run and maintain complex models to forecast various aspects of our business. You will translate collected data into business decisions by assisting in the analysis, automation, and reporting of both internal and external data. You will apply your skills to the most fundamental and critical analytical problems to help guide your core team and partners to make operational and strategic decisions.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders in Finance, Data Science, Merchandising, and across the company
- Have a foot in both Finance and Data Science to design, develop & deliver robust and scalable reporting automation
- Define data systems and tools with product and engineering to produce daily merchandise margin and inventory insights and dashboards and other business intelligence reports
- Develop and own demand forecasting models used as the basis for our financial forecasts.
- Simplify complex problems & huge data sets to extract high impact, non-obvious insights
- Be an integral part of a great team, but also capable of operating independently - managing relationships, deliverables and expectations with your business partners
- Be a personable and approachable partner who is able to connect with all members on the team and throughout the business
- Remain detail-oriented while working across a wide variety of projects
We’re excited about you because…
- Are passionate about technology and relish the opportunity to learn and apply new technical concepts to your work
- Enjoy technical modeling and forecasting using data driven insights to drive business decisions
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics or a Business-related degree
- Have a minimum of 3 years of work experience or a Masters Degree
- Bring advanced experience with SQL, and a scripting programming language (preferably Python) and pulling data from relational databases. Experience with dashboard tools (i.e.: Looker)would be a strong plus.
- Can demonstrate superior Excel and Google Sheets skills
- Possess deep experience and demonstrated ability to simplify complex data sets and extract non-obvious insights with frameworks and analyses
- Have a strong ability to project manage and to remain detail-oriented while working with numerous stakeholders
- Are passionate about driving automation in delivering information and insights
- Have demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across different functions and effectively influence senior business partners
- Have intellectual curiosity and are an experienced learner and are skilled in asking questions; domain expertise is not expected but will be required
Why you'll love working at Stitch Fix...
- We are a group of bright, kind people who are motivated by challenge. We value integrity, innovation and trust. You’ll bring these characteristics to life in everything you do at Stitch Fix.
- We cultivate a community of diverse perspectives— all voices are heard and valued.
- We are an innovative company and leverage our strengths in fashion and tech to disrupt the future of retail.
- We win as a team, commit to our work, and celebrate grit together because we value strong relationships.
- We boldly create the future while keeping equity and sustainability at the center of all that we do.
- We are the owners of our work and are energized by solving problems through a growth mindset lens. We think broadly and creatively through every situation to create meaningful impact.
- We offer comprehensive compensation packages and inclusive health and wellness benefits.
- About Stitch Fix
We're changing the industry and bringing personal styling to every body. We believe in a service and a workplace where you can show up as your best, most authentic self. The Stitch Fix experience is not merely curated—it’s truly personalized to each client we style. We are changing the way people find what they love. We’re disrupting the future of retail with the precision of data science by combining it with human instinct to find pieces that fit our client’s unique style. This novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. This results in a simple, yet powerful offering to our customers and a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women and kids throughout the US and UK. We believe we are only scratching the surface and are looking for incredible people like you to help us boldly create our future.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER SEEKING INDIVIDUALS WHO VALUE AND WILL SUPPORT A FRIENDLY, TEAM-ORIENTED AND DRUG FREE WORKPLACE. APPLICANTS MAY BE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT TO A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG SCREEN PRIOR TO COMMENCING EMPLOYMENT.
Our anticipated compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets, and the range below indicates the low end of the lowest-compensated market to the high end of the highest-compensated market. This position is eligible for new hire and ongoing grants of restricted stock units depending on employee and company performance. In addition, the position is eligible for medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external careers site.