Business Intelligence Analyst
BMW GroupToronto, Canada13 days ago
Reporting to the Business Intelligence & Data Management Manager, the Business Intelligence Analyst supports business initiatives and decision making with data analysis and modelling.
- Support business initiatives and decision making with data analysis and modelling; expectations to gain input, support and alignment with all organizational departments, including but not limited to Sales, Finance and Risk.
- Develop end-to-end data solutions, from gathering requirements from business stakeholders to partnering with technology teams and other analysts to build user-friendly reporting dashboards in Tableau.
- Support initiatives to promote a Data-Driven culture; act as a Data Ambassador to increase awareness and reduce barriers through simplification and automation.
- Maintain and enhance (where possible) inter-departmental data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics that support answers to complex business questions.
- Build and manage relationships across the organization in order to support the development of cross-functional solutions and/or to assess the upstream/downstream effects of different business decisions.
- Support data governance initiatives through maintaining accurate and adequate metadata records.
- Timely and accurate completion of month end reporting, including preparation, distribution and support.
- Support Department or Executive Management with presentation support, including but not limited to ad hoc analysis, developing PowerPoint slides and preparing concise and relevant analytical commentary.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Sales and Pricing Analytics
- Customer Data & Loyalty Analytics
- Portfolio Performance Analysis
- Market Intelligence Analysis
- Dealer Performance Reporting
- KPI Reporting
Qualifications and ExperienceUniversity Degree required; Computer or Data Science, Statistical Analysis, Math, IT
- 2 years of data analytics work experience (ETL, monitoring, managing, manipulating and drawing insights from data)
- Financial Services or auto industry experience is an asset
- Independent, inquisitive and self-motivated; results driven with high attention to detail
- Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities
- Advanced data gathering ability – SQL preferred (T-SQL/Postgre), or using ‘drag & drop’ softwares (e.g. Hyperion); experience with R or Python considered an asset.
- Advanced computer skills in all Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Access & VBA (specifically, joins, lookups).
- Advanced skill with data visualization tools, specifically Tableau, Excel
- Experience working with and creating databases and dashboards using all relevant data to make decisions; strong ability in relational databasing and developing inter-related data sets
- Working knowledge of data mining principles (predictive analytics, collecting data from multiple data sources);
- Understanding of and experience using analytical concepts and statistical techniques to draw conclusions and develop actionable recommendations for the business
- Demonstrated strong organizational and analytical skills
- Well-developed communication, collaboration, interpersonal and leadership skills with an ability to build and maintain effective relationships
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
BMW Group Canada is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse team of associates and creating an inclusive environment. BMW Group Canada does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, provincial or territorial law.