Business Group Communications Manager
We are inventors, builders, and doers, passionate and purposeful in the work we do. We have a once-in-a-century opportunity to reinvent personal transportation—and we need your help. The Communications Team brings Zoox’s mission, strategy, and values to life through clear, consistent, and engaging communications and programs. You’ll find a creative, collaborative environment where great ideas thrive, and where everyone is driven by the same big purpose.
We are looking for a Business Communications Manager who will be responsible for partnering with our senior executives at Zoox to develop and manage critical department-level communications strategies. The ideal candidate for this role will have deep experience in employee communications and be a maestro of the written word. They should also have a track record of leading communications for technical executives and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, while managing multiple priorities concurrently.
- Lead business communications at Zoox, partnering with business leaders and PEx partners on critical department-level support. This would include leadership playbooks, partnering on cross-functional change management communications, and consulting on corporate to business group communications information flow.
- Identify opportunities for alignment between communications programs and ongoing integrated marketing and communications campaigns.
- Collaborate with the broader Communications team and Executive Office on initiatives and campaigns.
- Measure the business impact of these communications programs.
- 6+ years of corporate employee communications experience
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Established track record collaborating with and proactively supporting senior executives on communications strategies
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and flexibility in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks under pressure
- Highly collaborative
- Positive attitude and self-start with the ability to forge relationship with senior leaders and key stakeholders
- Experience working with Keynote, Google Slides
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $130,000 to $164,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a vaccine approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and/or the World Health Organization. In addition, employees who are eligible for a COVID-19 booster vaccine (“Booster”) will be required to receive a Booster. Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.