Business Development Representative,
We are looking for a Business Development Representative/Community Engagement Representative to specialize in selling the Dutchie product suite. Your role will be to seek new business in New York by participating in community events, in-store visits and developing relationships with all relevant cannabis associations. The outcome of this position will provide targeted POS, Ecomm, Payments and Insurance leads for the NY sales team.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience developing leads and meeting sales quotas with a preference for those with POS/Payment experience. Your ability to communicate value and cultivate strong relationships should be among your greatest strengths. Additionally, you understand that market research is important. You're comfortable meeting new people, adapting to new strategies and presenting ideas to the team. Ultimately, your efforts will boost sales and contribute to our long-term success.
The Business Development Representative will have first contact with prospective customers in the NY area. You will work with the team to collaborate on identifying the best strategies to build awareness and set meetings with every licensed and potential operator in NY. The BDR has a crucial responsibility in being able to communicate dutchie’s values and to also embody a high level of tact and emotional intelligence in doing so. This is a high activity, metrics-driven, role that calls for the utmost tenacity and organization.
This is a great opportunity to master the fundamentals of sales and work with a product-centric team that is shaping the way consumers buy cannabis in every regulated market in North America.
If you are motivated, results-driven, and are interested in being part of a hyper-growth industry, we’d like to meet you.
All candidates must live in the greater NYC area.
What You'll Do...
- Attend multiple community events throughout NY
- Conduct NY market research
- Develop relationships with NY cannabis associations, programs, and potential prospects
- Execute on all initiatives within Dutchie’s New Markets strategy
- Source 100% of your own leads
- Partner with Account Executives to schedule product demos and prioritize target accounts
- Contact prospects through calls, emails, and other channels to get them excited about dutchie’s product suite
- Make 50+ calls and 20+ emails a day
- Timely and accurate updating of lead information, forecasts, and pipeline data in CRM
- Provide amazing buyer experiences
What You Bring...
- 1+ years of experience in cold calling or relevant experience
- Track record of achieving sales quotas
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. HubSpot & Salesforce) and/or other Sales Tools
- Exceptional mindset including entrepreneurial drive, flexibility, willingness to learn, and a passion to win
- Master communication and listening skills
- Currently reside in NY
It's a bonus if you...
- Are fluent in Spanish
- Familiarity with the cannabis industry
- Experience with point of sale, payments, or e-commerce systems
Cash compensation: $87,000 USD annually (On target earnings)
In addition to cash compensation, our total rewards package includes:
- Full medical benefits including dental and vision plans to ensure you always have the best care.
- Equity packages in the form of stock options to all employees.
- Technology (hardware, software, reading materials, etc..) allowance
- Flexible vacation and sick days
At Dutchie, we’re committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Dutchie believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.