Business Development Lead
What’s the role:
Mobility Wholesale New Business Development Manager
As the global leader in Energy, Shell’s stated goal is to deliver the energy solutions to meet our customer’s needs today, tomorrow, and throughout the energy transition. As a Mobility Wholesale New Business Development Manager, you will be a key member of this team, working with a broad community of wholesale partners to ensure we meet the mobility needs of our end consumers. You will be owner and responsible party for defining, executing, and managing the New Business strategy of a broad sales region comprised of multiple territories, each with unique challenges and characteristics for Shell’s mobility business. Key to these ends will be developing deep relationships with our B2B customers to develop a full New Business pipeline to help grow the Shell brand as well as consistently develop the Sales and Negotiation skill of our Territory Managers.
- Lead complex negotiations with your customer wholesalers to develop a robust New Business pipeline to help further grow Shell’s presence in your network.
- This role requires a deep understanding of industry trends, risks, and opportunities that can be utilized to help our wholesaler partners grow, develop, and defend their businesses.
- Seek out new wholesalers to partner with in areas of stagnated growth or gap areas where the brand may not yet have a foothold.
- Develop the sales capabilities and thought processes of the Territory Managers in your territory. Guide team members towards best practices.
- Meet monthly with Territory Managers for regular reviews of New Business Pipelines.
- Work with colleagues in Trading, Supply, Pricing and Demand to ensure that our costs and pricing strategies are balanced to be market competitive and delivering value to Shell.
- Ensure that safety is paramount and work to establish that culture with our business partners.
- Work with Shell Recharge and New Fuels team, to develop opportunities to expand new products into the market.
- Virtual home office environment with company vehicle provided by Shell Mobility.
The successful candidate for this role will be an individual that thrives on and is able to balance both ownership and collaboration. As a Mobility Wholesale New Business Development Manager, there will be a clear level of autonomy, and responsibility for the development and delivery of a strong New Business pipeline. Success will be defined by an individual’s ability to work collaboratively with both wholesale partners, Sales Managers, Territory Managers and other internal stakeholders to progress opportunities to delivered, contracted volume.
Further, the New Business Development Managers will need to work through complex strategic supply challenges in order to further optimize the economic benefits of the secured deals as well as help Territory Managers throughout their region understand the sales process from opportunity to realized benefit.
- Annual New Business Volume: 75 million gallons
- 1450 Shell branded Wholesale sites
- 47 Branded Wholesale Accounts
- Territory Encompasses Great Lakes and Southwest
- Support delivery of EV Charging Network in your territory
Skills & Requirements
What we need from you –
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis.
- Bachelor's degree in a commercial or marketing-related field would be an advantage.
- 7 or more years of commercial experience required.
- Proven knowledge and experience in customer facing retail business would be preferable.
- Entrepreneurial drive and ability to manage high levels of uncertainty and change
- Self-motivated and capable of setting and executing the strategy to accomplish goals.
- Able to inspire others and engage stakeholders at peer, wholesale partners, and leadership team levels.
- Demonstrated best-in-class Sales behaviors (Pipeline / Opportunity development, Call Planning & Reporting, Account Strategies etc.).
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills – ability to influence stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong delivery and commercial mindset to seek out value (near and longer-term) and set and deliver commercial goals.
Experience or capacity to develop:
- Sales knowledge with P+L accountability responsibility across a given geography
- Pricing strategies to maximize profitability
- Negotiate multi-year sales agreements and contract renewals
- The ability to work with large complex organizations and dealing with high-level buyers and complex negotiations
Demonstrated ability to grow sales as measured by period-over-period increases in one or more of the following key performance indicators:
- Sales volume
- Market share
- Indirect channel efficiency
- Overall profitability
- Per unit profit
The successful candidate should be able to reside in the Great Lakes Region.