Business Development Executive
We have an exciting opportunity for a senior level “Business Development Executive” (Hunter) in our Oil & Gas Practice, to sell the full suite of Cognizant’s services and solutions (including Custom Application Development and Maintenance, Engineering and Testing Services, Infrastructure Solutions, Digital Business Consulting Services, Business Process Services, and Information Technology Services). The hunter is focused on scaling acquisition accounts before transitioning these to a larger Client Leadership team. Focus is on hunting opportunities within acquisition accounts, operating as the account lead where no Client Partner is assigned.
- Pursue 12-20 major accounts within the Oil & Gas sector - primarily these accounts are new logos
- Act as the account lead on assigned accounts, setting the sales strategy and taking overall responsibility for developing and nurturing the client relationship
- Drive growth through hunting new opportunities
- Build and manage client relationships - manage the shaping and closure of opportunities on assigned accounts, leveraging Cognizant specialists to support as necessary
- Serve as day-to-day contact for the client where there is thin coverage of Client Partner support
- Scale accounts at pace
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience selling similar Service Offerings – Applications Development and Maintenance, Business Process Outsourcing, and Information Technology Outsourcing
- 7 years’ experience working for a Global Consulting Firm, Onshore/Offshore sales
- More than 5 years’ experience selling digital consulting services
- Demonstrated success selling deals in the $5 to $50M range
- Demonstrated consecutive quarterly and yearly quota achievement in complex selling environments utilizing a solution-selling model
- Experience selling in Oil & Gas sector
Top Reasons to Join Our Team
- Excellent compensation/benefits - A strong financial incentive package that includes a solid base salary with a highly attractive commissions plan. Further incentives include award programs, club trips, and excellent benefits package.
- Wide exposure to industry, product and functional best practices; as well as world-class teams supporting your sales pursuits.
- Supportive management team that rewards initiative and success.
- Exciting, industry leading practice where you can truly build a long-term career.
- Congenial, collaborative, and success-oriented culture; the opportunity to work with and learn from a diverse, highly experienced team of business professionals.
- Tremendous opportunities for growth with a real career path promoting career advancement.
A good fit for the Cognizant culture
A person who possesses a true passion for changing organizations for the better, and desires to do so within a success-oriented, yet professional atmosphere filled with business professionals who all manifest a belief in partnership, innovation, and excellence. Our “Cultural Value Drivers” are well-known and clearly communicated within the organization: Open, Transparent, Driven, Empowered, Opportunity-Filled, Flexible and Collaborative.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Jan 12 2022