Business Development Analyst
The Analyst plays a critical role on Sony Music’s business development team working across film, television, and podcasts. The business development team is tasked with identifying and securing soundtrack and podcast creative opportunities for Sony Music’s labels and Global Podcast division. We are looking for a pro-active, organized and engaged self-starter with an eye for compelling creative and ability to support complex business initiatives. The ideal candidate is passionate about music, podcasts, and film & tv and is excited to work on the frontline of creative entertainment deal making.
This is a hybrid position based out of our Culver City, CA office.
What you'll do:
- Conduct research and assist in developing creative pitches utilizing data and tracking tools.
- Maintain tracking documents and databases for soundtrack and podcast business units.
- Screen inbound creative pitches, business opportunities and general inquiries.
- Communication and scheduling with industry partners and internal Sony personnel.
- Create external pitch decks, meeting materials and agendas.
- Special project research supporting creative and business initiatives.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 2 years professional experience.
- The candidate should also have a passion for music, film, television, and podcasting.
- A qualified candidate should be detail oriented and be able to multi-task.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office & PowerPoint.
- Strong and effective written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional time management skills required.
- An ability to follow through on all duties.
- Calm, positive, and professional demeanor.
- Ability to work with all types of personalities, resourcefulness and self-confidence.
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.