SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Engineered and operated by SpaceX, Starlink delivers high-speed, low-latency internet to users all over the world. As a member of the marketing team, we are looking for a hands-on innovator who can contribute to building and advancing marketing measurement technology in a business-to-consumer and business-to-business environment and push the limits on what is scientifically possible.
This role is responsible for designing and developing cutting-edge paid media measurement and optimization models while collaborating with a team of stakeholders across marketing, product, and finance.
- Quantify return on marketing investment, determine optimal spend range, identify efficiency caps by channel, set budget amounts, and inform paid customer acquisition forecast targets.
- Support ad hoc strategic analysis to provide recommendations that drive increased return on spend through shifts in the mix, flighting, messaging, and tactics that help validate model results.
- Provide insights to marketing and finance teams, helping to design and execute experiments to move recommendations forward based on company goals (e.g., customer acquisition, LTV, etc.)
- Build various attribution models as the building blocks for an internal, proprietary attribution. system by utilizing techniques such as MTA (multi-touch attribution), MMM (Marketing Mix Modeling), incrementality test as well as other emerging technologies.
- Build out front-end reporting and dashboarding in partnership with data product analysts and data engineers to communicate performance metrics across services, markets, channels, and subscriber types.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience in marketing data analytics with an understanding of measurement and optimization best practices
- 3+ years of experience in data programming languages like Python/R
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics, or statistics
- 5+ years of experience in applied econometric modeling, ideally in support of measuring marketing efficiency and spend optimization, flighting, and mixing to maximize return on ad spend
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills while addressing various stakeholders across creative, content, marketing, product, and finance teams.
- The ideal candidate should be able to present business cases, document models, analyses, and results to influence important decisions.
- Ability to embrace rapid iterations rooted in a culture that sets demanding goals and moves extremely fast.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Business Analyst/Level I: $75,000.00 - $95,000.00/per year
Business Analyst/Level II: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed based on merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.