Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what’s next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
This position will provide business analysis and application support functions for the Information Technology Software Strategy and Analysis organization of WarnerBros. Discovery Communications. The Business Analyst will work with the WarnerBros. Discovery staff to define project and enhancement requirements across the portfolio of business software services supported by the IT function, assist with the successful resolution of business software application issues, support software quality assurance activities and all facets of the software development lifecycle.
The Business Analyst will work closely with business sponsors to define system needs. The incumbent will facilitate working meetings, project manage, lead requirements gathering sessions, and write business and systems requirements documents that will form the basis of software specifications. The Business Analyst will be responsible for validating documentation aligns with the business requirements and that either internal or external application development resources properly meet the service delivery of those requirements. Also, the Business Analyst will assist in the design and delivery of business systems training programs and related course documentation.
The Business Analyst will perform software testing in support of project and application support activities. The Analyst will design test plans and execute them, as well as assist with testing validation performed by the business. The Business Analyst will also act as a subject matter expert for the functions assigned to them, as a liaison to the business.
The Business Analyst will be responsible for the daily monitoring and troubleshooting of data problems, documentation of issues for resolution, recommendations and/or escalation. The Business Analyst will also be responsible for the creation and dissemination of report specifications and the development of SQL queries to extract and analyze data for reporting or the response to data requests. The ideal candidate is someone with solid knowledge of relational databases and the normal operations of a database system.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of business analysis and project management principles
- Facilitate communication throughout the product development process between a variety of internal business and technology teams
- Work collaboratively with teams to define and document business specifications, prioritize features, build consensus and coordinate product schedules
- Create and monitor progress of implementation schedules and redirects efforts when project goals are not being met
- Have the ability to serve dual roles, Business Analyst and Project manager, for multiple projects, concurrently
- Define and Document user requirements for technology solutions, including but not limited to business requirements documents, high level assessments, use cases, test scripts and technical specifications.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with business customers to maintain business expertise and alignment.
- Clear understanding of software development lifecycle methodologies and documentation standards
- Provide functional and business expertise for IT projects and business systems support
- Analysis of business process changes for potential system impacts.
- Monitor trouble management system to ensure all reported production issues are addressed according to published service level agreement
- 2nd level support for production issues which includes problem identification, definition and implementation of short-term work around and coordination of long term software solution with development team.
- Prioritization of production issues and coordination of standard business initiatives
- Provide system expertise to IT training team in support of new employee training and ongoing system training needs
- Develop and execute IT test plans and coordinate IT testing and UAT activities
- Communicate project status to internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in the design process to ensure that business requirements are being satisfied
- Coordinate design reviews with business users
- Help to coordinate the implementation of new system functionality into production
- Ensure compliance with WarnerBros. Discovery’s Software Development Lifecycle documentation and mandated compliance requirements for all application changes
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science or related field preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- 3 plus years of experience in project management, business and system analysis
- Demonstrate vast knowledge of business analysis and project management principles
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively meet and drive the requirements gathering process with our customers as well as perform analytical and system support duties.
- Ability to process complex time sensitive data and information from multiple sources, make decisions and communicate actions.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently or as part of a project team to complete multiple tasks, concurrently.
- Willingness to accept varying levels of responsibility in support of projects and initiatives
- Ability to manage multiple projects, concurrently.
- Data modeling skills.
- Ability to develop and execute simple SQL queries to produce ad hoc reports, analyze business data
- Required knowledge of Microsoft Project, Visio and Microsoft Office tools
- Some travel to conventions or other WarnerBros. Discovery offices may be required
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.If you’re a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.