Brand Marketing Manager
This is an opportunity to be part of a fast-growing startup company and help shape the future of publishing and storytelling. Tapas has a fun collaborative culture that’s reflective of the creative storytelling business that we’re in.
We're seeking to hire a Brand Marketing Manager, based in the Los Angeles area, as this position will be remote but could become hybrid if we choose to do a partial office return. The Brand Marketing Manager will manage the Tapas Community’s brand and strategy. The ideal candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of what it takes to build an engaging community for a brand, ideating and executing initiatives to help strengthen a community of loyal artists/creators, and previous experience collaborating with creators to promote their content and a company’s brand as a whole. This role will have an immediate impact on the growth of the Tapas brand and an ongoing impact on the expansion of our creator community.
- Lead the Tapas Community marketing strategy including marketing events, social channel growth, artist/creator marketing
- Serve as point of contact for social media freelancer staff
- Support the Sr. Brand Marketing Manager on wider, cross-functional Tapas brand marketing executions including but not limited to: brand partnerships, influencers, and cons/events
- Execute data-driven strategies to increase brand awareness of Tapas and Tapas Community and grow the creator community as a whole
- Develop a marketing playbook and support strategy for artists/creators to promote their content off the platform and grow their readership on Tapas
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field
- 4-6 years of relevant experience in Marketing/Digital Marketing, Artist/Creator Relations, Community Management, or related field
- Minimum 2 years of People Management experience
- Strong familiarity with the various social channels including but not limited to: Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, and Facebook
- Highly organized, independent, and detail-oriented with strong follow up skills
- Strong time management, planning, and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build solid collaborative relationships
- Having an appreciation and respect for artists, writers, and online content creators
- A deep understanding and enthusiasm for webcomics, storytelling, new media, and digital entertainment
Compensation & Perks:
- Flexible work schedule
- Workdays in M-F lunch allowances during COVID-19 remote work
- Full benefits package with Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, FSA, 401K with match, and Commuter support if applicable
- Device and ergo/office supply
- Team activities/training/books
- Gym/wellness support
- Company swag
Tapas Media, Inc. is a next-generation media company offering bite-sized content through its online mobile platform, Tapas. Tapas Media properties, which consists of the popular Tapas mobile app and Tapas, boasts over 8 billion views to date from more than 8.6M registered users - primarily in North America. Tapas Media provides a best-in-class reading experience for fans of storytelling on mobile devices and on the web, featuring original series – under Studio Tapas, the division dedicated to producing and publishing original webcomics and novels – licensed webcomics, and a successful digital novels division.
At Tapas Media, we’re committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We believe that the enriched diverse perspectives of our employees, readers, and creators help deliver our unique content. We welcome prospective candidates from all backgrounds, race, ethnicity, gender, age, physical and mental ability, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, culture, language, and education.