As the Brand Marketing Coordinator, you will work collaboratively and cross-functionally to develop and execute our seasonal marketing campaigns and 365-day always on strategy for both JanSport Global/Eastpak NORA. This position will report to the Brand Marketing Manager and partner with Brand Communications, eCommerce, and Creatives Services to drive demand and grow market share for the global packs business. You will be an essential part of our team, assisting and helping execute asset production, brand activations, and overarching branded marketing efforts across all channels.
Join the JanSport & Eastpak Family
In 1967, three friends were living in Washington State: Skip, an outdoor enthusiast; Murray, an engineer; and Jan, an accomplish seamstress. So, when Murray won a timely design award from the Alcoa Company for creating the first adjustable aluminum frame for backpacks, a bit of instant karma began to take flight. Murray asked his girlfriend, Jan, to create a backpack pattern for his new aluminum frame and promised her that if he was a success and took off, he’d name the company after her. It was, he did, and the JanSport brand came to life. JanSport has been part of your journey through life ever since.
Since 1952, Eastpak has been built to resist. Starting off making long-lasting, durable gear for the US military, Eastpak has transformed into a company that has allowed individuals to express themselves and inspire positive resistance through the bag they carry. Over the years, we’ve redefined the rules of the bag and luggage design while seeking out challenges that disrupt our timeless design and allow for greater collaboration, all while remaining authentic and consistent for what we stand for.
Together, JanSport & Eastpak continue to reinvent and reimagine high-quality products that equip you for life’s next adventure.
How You Will Make a Difference
What you will do:
- Facilitate execution of seasonal workbooks and sell in tools, including development and production workflow of all aspects from kick-off through edit routing to print production.
- Partner with creative services, RD&D, sales, marketing, and various outside vendors. Oversee on-product marketing, including organization of hangtag matrix, creative development, legal vetting, approvals and release.
- Work closely with VF Asia to ensure correct application to product.
- Maintain organization of marketing assets and help facilitate global asset distribution, brand activations, sales meeting planning, and other project assistance as requested.
How you will do it:
- Provide direction to Creative Services based on brand goals, positioning, and objectives through development of creative briefs and ongoing project management.
- Partner with sales to execute seasonal stories and/or marketing programs to drive key product initiatives and brand campaigns in key retailers.
- Be the point person for marketing project coordination, from supporting international marketing inquiries to assisting with website updates, ongoing content maintenance and information accuracy.
What success looks like:
- Proactive and timely coordination, planning, and execution of brand partnerships, and organized management of creative assets and operational marketing calendars.
- Full autonomy and ownership of retail partnerships, sales team support, coordination of marketing collateral, sample organization, and on-product marketing.
- Active collaboration and participation in the GTM process, including strategic brainstorming, identify areas of opportunities for the brand vision, and effectively applying brand standards across all marketing programs.
Free To Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
Skills for Success
- 3+ years of professional experience in marketing or related field
- BA/BS degree or equivalent education and years of experience
- Have a strong passion for our brand, brand values, and Gen Z culture
- A strong motivation to work on all types of projects and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and help the entire brand marketing team
- Interest in developing a brand strategy skillset through exposure & experience
- Detail oriented and very strong organization and project management skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and track/manage multiple campaigns/projects at a time
- Highly driven with a positive, high-energy, team-oriented attitude
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving and research proficiencies
What we expect you already know:
- Understanding of retail and wholesale marketplaces
- Experience with the key social platforms: Meta, Tiktok, Snapchat, YouTube, Pinterest, etc.
- Understanding and application of marketing best practices
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and comfortable using other database platforms
- Public speaking skills and ability to effectively communicate across teams
What we will teach you:
- We will connect you with a variety of cross-functional stakeholders across VF to achieve common goals and exchange best practices
- JanSport and Eastpak brand values
- JanSport and Eastpak GTM process
VF Guiding Principles: Live with Integrity, Act Courageously, Be Curious, Act with Empathy, and Preserve.
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package. Go to MyVFBenefits.com and click on “Looking to Join VF?” to learn more.
Our Parent Company, VF Corporation
VF is one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies connecting people to the lifestyles, activities and experiences they cherish through our family of iconic outdoor, active and workwear brands. At the heart of our journey lies our company-wide purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. It’s a commitment shared by our global associates across all brands. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com
We just have one question. Are you in?
$60,480.00 USD - $75,600.00 USD annually
Incentive Potential: This position is eligible for additional compensation awards that may include an annual incentive plan, sales incentive, or commission potential. Specific details of the additional compensation eligibility for this position will be provided during the recruiting and interview process.
Benefits at VF Corporation: You can review a general overview of each benefit program offered, including this year's medical plan rates on www.MyVFbenefits.com and by clicking Looking to Join VF? Detailed information on your benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
Please note, our hiring ranges are determined and built from market pay data. In determining the specific compensation for this position, we comply with all local, state, and federal laws.
At VF, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. VF will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Pursuant to all applicable local Fair Chance Ordinance requirements, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, VF will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.