We are seeking an experienced CPG Brand Manager who is passionate about driving brand growth, uncovering consumer insights, and delivering innovative marketing promotions and products to expand our retail bakery portfolio. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment developing strategies to drive sales and market share of Bimbo Bakehouse retail grocery products and brands including The Cheesecake Factory™, Goldminer® Bakery, and Wholesome Harvest. The individual will work closely with the marketing director to develop brand strategy and serve as the day-to-day business lead of all facets of the marketing mix including distribution, pricing, promotion, PR, innovation, advertising, social media, and shopper marketing.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Leader across all facets of daily brand management.
- Execute development of brand portfolio strategy in close coordination with Marketing Director and Key Customer Teams.
- Analysis and Insights of weekly topline reporting including sales vs. forecast and monthly syndicated data (IRI) reporting of consumption, share, new products, and competitive reporting.
- Manage external agencies tasked with creating effective marketing/advertising campaigns, trade shows, and sales support.
- Cross functional team member (along with manufacturing and R&D) to generate a pipeline of short- and long-term new products.
- Co-lead consumer research and consumer validation process, along with next steps and implementation plans.
- Lead ad hoc business learning plans as needed, supported by Consumer Insights Manager.
- Invoice coding and monthly budget update in accordance with Finance.
- Sales presentations, sell sheets, and field communication development.
- Willingness to travel, approx. 20% including quarterly visits to Horsham, PA headquarters and sales market tours.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Accessible and Responsible
- Ability to develop and complete a series of goals and tactics, with minimum supervision
- Sharp operator, creative and resourceful
- Adept in entrepreneurial, fast-paced environments managing priorities and deadlines
- Exceptional organizational skills and accountability
- Adaptable, persistent, strong initiative, results oriented
- Passionate about food, a plus
- Excellent organizational and communication (written and oral) skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to generate business insights from diverse data sources and use that data to convey compelling selling stories/solutions for the sales force
Education and Work History:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or a related field preferred. MBA is a plus. A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience, CPG preferred
- Experienced in marketing promotions and analytics
- Computer skills and proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (Margin Minder if internal)
- Experience driving insights from syndicated data (IRI, AC Nielsen, etc.) and primary/secondary research
- Working knowledge of marketing plan development and execution
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.