At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
We are seeking a Brand Manager to orchestrate global brand marketing campaigns for Magic: The Gathering® endemic and premier sets. This brand strategist and go-to-market expert should have a passion for high-profile game marketing including product, brand, community, and awareness marketing initiatives. They will have extensive experience in encouraging and connecting global teams with demand-generating strategy and execution, built upon thoughtful product positioning, audience definition, and compelling key messaging.
If you are curious about how marketing messages and levers impact business outcomes and love both the creative and analytical aspects of triggering consumer engagement, this is an opportunity to impact the future of an outstanding gaming brand!
What You'll Do:
- Brand Champion - Be the marketing business owner and go-to-market leader for your sets and their launch campaigns.
- Innovative and Analytical Leader - Work with internal teams and external agencies to build larger-than-life, authentic, and break-thru marketing messaging, while measuring program outcomes and generating data-driven takeaways.
- Strategic Leader – Determine your marketing goals, articulate and rollout your Marketing Strategy (Audience Definition, Positioning, Messaging, Media Strategy, etc.), work across cross-functional teams to build cohesiveness, and generate insights for future campaigns.
- Global Supporter - Engage with global regional teams to ensure success in their respective markets.
- Planning Maestro - Ensure marketing campaign resourcing is efficient and optimized.
- Good Partner - Build positive relationships across the organization through a collaborative and impact-first mentality.
- Industry Authority – Apply expert-level understanding of the market environment and the opportunity of each set within it, given distinguishing features/ mechanics/ themes.
- Campaign Connector – Be the go-to person across all functions and channels, throughout campaign phases, from conceptualization to implementation and post-campaign analysis, actualizing product business goals.
What You’ll Bring:
- 5 years’ experience in brand management and marketing strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience.
- An outlier-level of passion for both games and the business of games.
- A business-impact-first self-starter who has a track-record of driving measured incremental demand.
- Validated experience in product marketing including go-to-market plans and marketing playbooks.
- Outstanding communication skills with an ability to craft and communicate strategy.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and highly dynamic environment.
- Experience using data to drive decisions and planning.
- A demonstrated ability in rallying outstanding contributors around the delivery of legendary outcomes.
- Creativity, flexibility, and great sense of humor!
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as a comprehensive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation range for this role. The range listed is just one component of Wizards of the Coast’s total compensation package for employees. Employees may also be eligible for annual and long-term incentives. In addition, Wizards of the Coast provides a variety of benefits to employees. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Product Discounts, and more.