Billing & Collections Specialist
As the Billings and Collections Specialist at Vanta, you will own the customer billings and collections process ensuring accurate and complete billing each cycle, customer data management and follow as needed with outstanding payments.
At Vanta, our mission is to secure the internet and protect consumer data. We believe that security should be monitored and verified continuously, and we empower companies to practice better security and prove it with ease. Vanta has a kind and talented team, and while some have prior security experience, many have been successful at Vanta without it.
Maintaining accurate customer records and timely collection of accounts is critical to Vanta’s continued growth. As the Billings and Collections Specialist you will be responsible for timely and accurate billings and collections as well as sales tax reporting.
What you’ll do as a Billing and Collections Specialist at Vanta:
- Daily entry and distribution of customer invoices, cash application, and changes in customer information
- Assist with end to end order to cash collection
- Conduct credit assessments for new customers
- Perform reconciliation between accounting systems and operating systems to ensure accuracy and completeness of data. Collaborate across functions to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Assist with the sales tax report ensuring timely and accurate compliance.
- Participate in ad hoc accounting projects
How to be successful in this role:
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to foster positive relationships with customers and co-workers
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize accordingly
- Attention to detail
- Excellent and effective written and verbal communication skills
- 2+ years experience working in collections/billing
- Experience working with Salesforce, Stripe, Quickbooks (or other ERP systems), Bill.com a plus
- Experience in software preferred
What you can expect as a Vantan:
- Industry-Competitive Salary and Equity
- 100% covered Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits with Dependents Coverage
- 16 Weeks Fully Paid Parental Leave for All New Parents (Moms, Dads, Adoptive, Foster)
- Health & Wellness Stipend
- Remote Workspace Stipend
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Flexible Work Hours and Location
- Open & Encouraged PTO Policy
- 9 Company Paid Holidays
- Free Memberships to Online Wellness Platforms (One Medical, Ginger, Headspace, and more!)
- Virtual Team Building Activities, Lunch and Learns, and other Company-Wide Events
- Offices in SF and NYC with Hubs of Vantans forming across the US, including but not limited to, Seattle, Austin, Indianapolis, LA, Boston, and more!
At Vanta, we are committed to hiring diverse talent of different backgrounds and as such, it is important to us to provide an inclusive work environment for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender identity, age, religion, sexual orientation, veteran or disability status, or any other protected class. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage and welcome people of all backgrounds to apply.