The Human Resources Benefits Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of benefits administration including supporting worker’s compensation and leave of absence processing. The position will ensure compliance with all applicable laws and Company policies and procedures. This position will collaborate with HR team members and interact with employees and other departments. The role will also participate in other Benefits/HR projects and initiatives as assigned.
Essential job Functions:
- Administers employee benefits including, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, life insurance flexible spending accounts and wellness programs.
- Facilitates new hire and life event online benefits enrollment and changes.
- Partners with employees and benefit providers to resolve employee benefit inquiries/questions and issues, ensuring a quick, equitable and courteous resolution.
- Monitors benefits providers’ weekly interface files reports to ensure accuracy and correct any errors.
- Updates service provider portals with enrollments and changes as needed.
- Administers COBRA
- Responsible for the accuracy of employee/employer premium contributions.
- Processes monthly benefits provider bills, verifying accuracy and preparing check requests for payment.
- Assists with annual open enrollment preparation, communication and processing.
- Provides support to processing leaves of absence forms, including medical, FMLA, PDL, STD, LTD, military, and personal leaves. Coordinates leaves with the employees and the payroll department.
- Coordinates workers’ compensation claims with insurance carriers. Follows up on claims as needed.
- Assists with coordinating and logistics of benefits and wellness programs.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in benefits and leave of absence administration and/or related Human Resources functions.
- Leaves of absence and workers compensation administration experience preferred.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, ability to prioritize/multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong internal customer focus, along with a desire to learn all aspects of benefits administration.
- Flexibility, adaptability and ability to shift priorities based on the organizations’ needs.
- Integrity, professionalism, discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality essential.
- An enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment.
- Proficient in HRMS (experience with UltiPro a plus) and Microsoft Office Programs (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)