We’re a seven-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm.
We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients has created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations.
This is a full-time position, working within an Account Management team. The Benefit Analyst will manage the renewal and marketing process, prepare presentations and communication materials, assist team members with day-to-day client servicing and provide general support to more senior team members. While in this role, the Benefit Analyst should be developing relationships with clients and carrier contacts and working proactively to effectively and efficiently deliver services to clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the Renewal/Marketing Process including but limited to:
- Gather vendor information and/or information from clients for marketing purposes
- Organize data into NFP format
- Prepare RFP and send to carriers
- Prepare proposal data into NFP format
- Ensure all client data is entered into CRM System (SalesForce) in a timely manner and that documents are stored appropriately in file system (Image/Right, OneBox)
- Prepare client meeting presentations and client executive summaries, reviews for accuracy.
- Implement the Client Service Playbook with high attention to detail and company standards.
- Help coordinate the implementation of new plans and/or the continuation of current plans and contract changes.
- Preparation and yearly maintenance of client communications such as Open Enrollment materials and Employee Benefits Guides; Attend Open Enrollment meetings.
- Review benefit plan summaries and carrier source documents for accuracy.
- Assist Account Teams in day-to-day client servicing by fielding specific client questions and needs.
- Understand, interpret and articulate carrier and vendor responses to clients.
- Develop effective relationships with client and carrier contacts.
- Prepare and analyze client benchmarking reports.
- Prepare and send client invoices for consulting services.
- Maintain and track client strategy calendars, deliverables, open items and internal NFP client templates.
- Research compliance issues and questions.
- Perform follow up with clients and team members on action plans to ensure decisions are implemented, contracts prepared, and appropriate parties notified.
- Assist in coordination of client wellness deliverables, including fairs and flu shot clinics.
- Special projects including coordination of 5500 filings and wrap documents and assistance with client compliance audits.
- Maintain confidentiality and HIPAA compliance with all client information obtained in the course of work.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Knowledge of benefits administration, HealthCare Reform, industry trends, carrier products and services
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
- Effective time management and decision making skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Diligent follow up skills
Education and/or Experience:
- Four Year college or university degree with course work in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, and Industrial Psychology, Economics or Healthcare related field.
- 2 years of health and welfare consulting experience
- Must have self-funding program experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Employees required to possess or obtain the Life and Health License
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
The base salary range for this position is $67,000 – $95,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You… Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
NFP is an Equal Opportunity Employer that provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
The Company is committed to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment. It’s expected that all of our employees are aware of this policy and that they create an environment that’s sensitive and respectful to all individuals.