Barista & Operations Generalist
SaksWorks Liberty crafts customized environments through curated services, amenities, and programming - designed to meet the needs of corporate workforces and help them flourish! SaksWorks takes a cutting-edge, whole human approach, and ultimately creates spaces where people can seamlessly bump into ways to feel better and practice healthy habits easily throughout their workdays.
Day In the Life:
As a Barista & Operations Generalist at SaksWorks Liberty, you’ll be joining a team that is committed to delivering amazing food and beverage service to guests while also creating a warm and welcoming environment where guests feel special and valued. We have a full-service cafe, daily-restaurant pop-up program, catering program, weekly local food pop-up programs, and more, all within our corporate headquarter offices of HBC. You will be at the forefront of building relationships and a deeper sense of community with all -level associates within the broader HBC company, ranging from C-suite executives to fashion & merchandising associates, with whom you will see on a day to day basis. You enjoy a coffee, beverage, catering, event planning, and hospitality service, but more importantly, love creating an atmosphere and welcoming environment rooted in empathy, respect and creating an elevated workplace vibe.
The Projected Salary Range for this position is $20.00 - $22.00 per hour.
What You Will Do:
- Deliver best in class service to our HBC associates and other staff
- Work to ensure that all guests feel welcome and valued
- Enter in guest orders accurately into a system and receive payment
- Ensure that cafe, F&B, and our general work stations are clean and to SaksWorks standards
- Drink coffee, other beverages, and try new foods on the regular to make sure we’re delivering amazing product
- Complete operational tasks as needed for broader operation, such as restocking, delivering, etc.,
- Educate customers around various offerings available within the SaksWorks Liberty ecosystem
- Be a great team member and support cleaning and maintenance and various other tasks that will come up throughout the course of the day
What You Will Need:
- You have at least 1 year professional experience
- You are a clear and warm communicator with a passion for providing customers with best-in-class care, service, and wellness
- You are organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, with an ability to juggle multiple conversations and solve problems efficiently and thoughtfully
- You have a “no task is too small” attitude
- Comfortable in a startup environment
- You are comfortable with physically demanding environment by standing for long periods of time and ability to lift up to 50lbs
What You Can Expect:
- A fast-moving environment where you will embrace change to ensure the company is competitive and future forward
- Working hours are expected to be between 32-40 hours per week, Monday through Friday and vary between 6:30am-5:30pm.
- A People-first culture where Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are celebrated and promoted at every step of the way
- An opportunity to work with highly supportive teams to help you build the career you want
- Work in our Downtown NYC headquarters, located at the highly activated Brookfield Place, with direct access to amenities such as an in-office subsidized café, wellness programs and many food options
- An amazing Associate discount of up to 40% off of top brands at all of our retail locations
HBC is a holding company of investments and businesses at the intersection of technology, retail operations and real estate. It is the majority owner of iconic ecommerce companies: Saks, a leading online destination for luxury fashion; The Bay, a Canadian ecommerce marketplace; and Saks OFF 5TH, a premier luxury off-price ecommerce company offering top brands at the best prices. These businesses were established as separate operating companies in 2021. HBC also wholly owns Hudson’s Bay, the operating company for Hudson’s Bay’s brick-and-mortar stores, as well as SFA, the entity that operates Saks Fifth Avenue’s physical locations, and O5, the operating company for Saks OFF 5TH stores.
With assets spanning top markets and prime locations across North America, HBC owns or controls—either entirely or with joint venture partners—approximately 40 million square feet of gross leasable area. HBC Properties and Investments, the company’s real estate and investments portfolio business, manages these assets along with additional real estate offerings, including Streetworks Development, its property development division.
NOTE: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest In HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.