Banking Risk Operations Lead
SquareScottsdale, AZ17 days ago
We are looking for an experienced Business Banking Risk Operations Lead to join our dynamic risk leadership team. You will develop a roadmap for our business banking operations teams. Bringing a understanding of issuing fraud risk, account takeovers and disputes processes. Work with operations managers to build and track operational risk strategy. You will also work with Risk Analytics, Policy, Product/Program Managers, Data Scientists, and Engineers to evaluate risk on card transactions, deposits and disputes. You will oversee system and analytical tool enhancements to maintain productivity and efficiency of risk operations. Importantly, you will represent the team as a member of Squares high impact teams that support programs for both existing and latest banking products. We ask that you have an in-depth understanding of issuing bank risk. You have demonstrated the ability to work in partnership with all levels of an organization (including vendors, networks, and regulators).
- Lead a team of managers including performance management and growing the vision for the team
- Build relationships with vendors, understanding roles and responsibilities and ensuring adherence to processes and Service level agreements
- Develop comprehensive risk detection and monitoring strategies with corresponding processes that balance fraud loss, cost of execution, and customer experience
- Use analytics to improve existing risk strategies, to reduce loss and increase efficiency
- Create operational metrics to monitor performance of systems and ops teams for use in management reporting.
- Identify gaps in current systems, policies, products and strategies and take actions to reduce latest risks with support from managers.
- Build relationships with Product, Support, and Engineering teams to gain support of risk management.
- 8+ years risk management experience with banking products in a traditional bank or complex financial firm.
- Knowledge in debit cards and deposits risk prevention methods and detection tools
- Experience managing issuing bank disputes operations teams
- Analyzing large transactional datasets, interpret ambiguous situations, and make decisions
- Experience with the online payments landscape across all participants issuer, merchant, acquirer and network
- Summarize information and make concise recommendations on a course of action
- Build and sustain a positive team environment and culture
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources