Auditor / Senior Auditor, Internal
At Cheniere, we provide the world with safe, reliable energy. But more than that, we provide opportunities for our talented employees to impact their communities every day. Our diversity is key to our continued success and forges a path where our culture supports greater equity and inclusion—for our employees, customers and beyond.
The Auditor / Senior Auditor, Internal will assist with the execution of internal audit projects covering the areas of financial and operational assurance. These projects will be aimed at improving the Company’s risk mitigation activities, enhancement of business and financial processes, identification, and communication of best practices, and fostering an appropriate control environment in the corporate and support functions.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Conducts internal audit, including preparing workpapers to ensure quality and objectives of audits are achieved
- Supports the development/develops comprehensive audit programs, including understanding of current business risks and controls, to identify areas of risk that may require stronger controls and to prioritize audit steps and test plans.
- Supports/Performs and documents testing and walkthrough of process and controls, with appropriate validation
- Effectively validates and documents remediation issues and improvement opportunities and collaborates with process owners to develop practical recommendations.
- Uses various analytical techniques for developing audit programs, testing execution, and issue validation
- Prepares and effectively communicates audit artifacts, such as audit programs, work-papers, recommendations, and audit reports
- Participates in/conduct interviews with all levels of personnel, from staff to executive management
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with multiple management levels within Cheniere Energy, Inc. while able to work objectively and independently
- Keeps details and well-organized audit records.
- The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time; or the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
The successful candidate will support the execution of internal audit projects covering the areas of corporate governance, commercial, finance and accounting, risk management, operations and compliance processes. Candidate must display strong technical accounting skills and a solid understanding of the audit process including comprehensive knowledge of internal audit standards and practices, principles, and procedures in order to perform a variety of assignments.
Skills: The successful candidate will be an effective professional that inspires confidence in colleagues and within the broader organization. Specifically, he/she will meet the following criteria:
- Understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them to plan, perform, manage, and report on the evaluation of various business processes/areas/functions.
- Ability to work independently, with limited required direction and guidance, and provide appropriate direction to other internal audit project team members.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, to effectively present to peers and management.
- Exhibit the leadership skills needed to sell ideas and obtain management buy-in for constructive change.
- Understanding of internal auditing standards, COSO and risk assessment practices.
- Understanding of the technical aspects of accounting and financial reporting.
- Experience in performing multiple projects and working with varying team members.
- Intermediate computer skills (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required; Visio ACL, and Access preferred).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Education and Certifications: A Bachelor’s degree is required with a preference for Accounting or Finance. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Audit certification is strongly preferred.
- Internal Auditor – Two (2) to four (4) years of public accounting and/or private industry experience with knowledge of accounting, finance, and internal control areas.
- Sr. Internal Auditor - Four (4) or more years of public accounting and/or private industry experience with knowledge of accounting, finance, and internal control areas.
FREEDOM TO ACT
This position does not require supervision over other personnel.
- Job is performed in a typical office environment, but is subject to time pressures and constraints, and is often dependent on input from others
- Occasionally, work may be performed from home, after normal work hours or on weekends
- Travel may be required
- May be required to work overtime
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing, per applicable federal regulations or as required by Cheniere
ADA JOB REQUIREMENTS
Reasonable accommodations will be made to ensure that the essential functions of the job can be performed and not hinder the employee's performance due to physical, mental or emotional disability.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Cheniere Energy is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.