KiewitOmaha, NE, US15 days ago
At Kiewit, the scale of our operations is huge. Our construction and engineering projects span across the United States, Canada and Mexico, improving and connecting communities with every initiative. We depend on our high-performing operations support professionals — they’re the glue that holds multiple areas of the business together and the catalysts that make things happen. We hire only the most driven people and we offer them diverse career opportunities, strong leadership and mentorship, rewarding, collaborative work, and responsibility they won’t find just anywhere. We’re always pushing new limits. You can too.
This position is located at 1550 Mike Fahey Street. Connected to Kiewit University, the new Kiewit Plaza provides a modern, state-of-the-art venue in the emerging Builders’ District north of downtown Omaha.
- Perform financial, operational, compliance, and strategic audits
- Review and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls
- Gather and prepare audit documentation to support conclusions reached
- Collect and analyze data to detect non-compliance with laws, regulations and management policies
- Draft reports related to audit results and recommend changes in financial, operational, compliance, or strategic activities and present to audit leadership
- Inspect account books and accounting systems for efficiency, effectiveness, and use of accepted accounting procedures
- Examine whether the organization's objectives are reflected in its management activities and whether employees understand the objectives
- Utilize automated workpaper software and other automated audit technology
- Keep informed of pending industry changes, trends, best practices and assess the potential impact of these changes on organizational processes
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Understanding of U.S. GAAP, U.S. GAAS, and controls framework
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate with business partners at all levels of management
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Ability to work effectively in a group environment
- Ability to quickly grasp new ideas and processes
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.