Audit Supervisor IT
Shape Your World
At Alcoa, you will become an essential part of our purpose: to turn raw potential into real progress. The way we see it, every Alcoan is a work-shaper, team-shaper, idea-shaper, world-shaper.
At Alcoa, you’re an essential part of our purpose: to turn raw potential into real progress. This is an opportunity for you to bring your wealth of experience to the team and help shape the future of sustainability with world-changing innovations and low-carbon technologies. You have the power to shape things to make them better.
Alcoa Corporation's Internal Audit department provides an objective and professional evaluation of internal control systems, recommends and advises on improvements in control systems, business processes and an efficient use of resources. This is achieved by reviewing locations internal controls and processes for compliance against corporate and legislative requirements on behalf of the Alcoa Corporation Audit Committee.
The internal audit group is an ideal entry point to Alcoa for highly motivated individuals as it offers extensive exposure to different teams at Alcoa and to the company’s financial philosophies and practices, as well as support in professional development.
About the Role:
- Main purpose of the job is to perform the assigned tests in IT and Automation audits, including the data/information collection, test execution and documentation as per the IAD standards, documenting the conclusions (either to certify compliance or non-compliance) and recommendations in case of a non-compliance; completing this task as per the related schedule.
- Support the Audit Team Lead with planning, tracking progress, addressing issues and documenting the overall results in each audit, occasionally playing the role of Lead.
- Actively contribute to the success of the Internal Audit Department initiatives related to continuous improvement, services’ portfolio review, new technologies' adoption, internal tools deployment and support, etc.
- Participate in inter-department cross functional teams
- Participate in, and occasionally lead, compliance investigations and special projects
- Demonstrate increased audit skill levels to perform sophisticated audits and develop one or more ‘specialty’ areas or familiarity with specific technical accounting issues.
- Effectively develop an understanding of businesses/ functions to objectively assess controls
- Transfer knowledge in the form of suggestions to improve Internal Audit processes and help other team members meet Internal Audit’s mission.
- Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with all levels of management to strengthen customer relationships
- Analyze information and make recommendations in limited time frames
- Facilitate positive responses and actions through written and verbal communication skills
- Work across multiple regions: different businesses, cultures, languages, local practices and regulations
- Travel to company locations, many of which are manufacturing environments (up to 25%)
What you can bring to this role:
Our values – act with integrity, operate with excellence, care for people and lead with courage – are at the foundation of everything we do. To be successful in this role and to play a part in our ongoing success we desire the following background:
- 4+ Years Experience in audit (within or outside of Alcoa) or other related field is desirable
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, IT or related fields
- Audit tools, practices and standards for capturing and reporting data General understanding of Alcoa’s businesses
- Specific information technology knowledge (e.g., networks, database, servers, security)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (English is required)
- Analytical skills (technical and problem-solving)
- Attention to detail, ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- High level of integrity and ethical standards
- Travel will be needed
- Job could be performed remotely.
What’s on offer:
At Alcoa, our care for people philosophy is backed by our excellent total rewards package that we provide our employees effective on your date of hire, such as:
- Competitive compensation packages, including pay-for-performance variable pay, recognition and rewards programs.
- 401(k), employer match up to 6%, additional employer retirement income contribution (no vesting period)
- Healthcare benefits: medical, Rx, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account (generous employer contribution), life and accident insurance
- Work-life balance programs: flexible work scheduling, hybrid/remote working
- Paid time off: 15 vacation days prorated in the 1st year based on hire date, 10 holidays including 1 flexible holiday of your choice, 7 illness days, Care for Family leave up to 40 days, up to 5 bereavement days, maximum of 30 jury duty days, and up to 10 days annual training for military leave.
Base salary: $87,500 - $120,500 USD annually
Total rewards packages listed, including base salary and bonus eligibility, applies to US based applicants only. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on a range of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, and competencies in conjunction with multiple components of the Employee Total Rewards Package. Alcoa reserves the right to change plans at its discretion.
About the Location
As an Alcoan you are part of a global team committed to advancing sustainability and delivering excellence and innovation. We invented the industry and today we are redefining what it means to be a sustainable aluminium company from mines to metal. Join in and become an essential part of our purpose: to turn raw potential into real progress. We treat all people with dignity and we believe in inclusion, diversity and enabling all employees to grow and develop their careers with us, where they can pursue their passions. The power is in your hands to shape the things that matter to us all. Come shape your career with us!
We are values led, vision driven and united by our purpose of transforming raw potential into real progress. Our commitments to Inclusion, Diversity & Equity include providing trusting workplaces that are safe, respectful and inclusive of all individuals, free from discrimination, bullying and harassment and that our workplaces reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate.
As a proud equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer, Alcoa is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of a person’s gender, age, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, nation of origin, disability, veteran status, language spoken or any other characteristic or status protected by the laws or regulations in the places where we operate.
If you have visited our website in search of information on U.S. employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Alcoa Recruiting via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a place where you are empowered to do your best work, be your authentic self, and feel a true sense of belonging. Come join us and shape your career!
Your work. Your world. Shape them for the better.