Day In The Life:
The Internal Audit team is a trusted resource supporting operational sustainability and governance to HBC’s various business groups. As an Internal Audit Manager, you will lead assigned assurance and consulting engagements to make recommendations for improving the effectiveness of HBC’s risk management, control and governance processes, with a specific focus on profit optimization. This is a rare opportunity to demonstrate your passion for process improvement and client relationships while you gain exposure to all levels and aspects of our organization.
This is a 12 month contract role with immediate business impact.
What You Will Do:
- Lead assigned engagements, in part or whole: plan the objectives and scope for your area of ownership, design and develop risk-based audit programs and procedures to address objectives and provide recommendations for business improvements.
- Investigate audit observations to identify root causes of control deficiencies.
- Provide practical client-focused recommendations, presented in concise, risk-focused presentations and reports.
- Actively engage with the peer review work process to validate findings and challenge yourself and the Internal Audit team to meet the highest standards for evidence obtained to meet the objectives of each engagement.
- Become a sought-out thought partner: use diplomacy to engage stakeholders in discussions of audit observations, risks and recommendations.
- Build your network within the Internal Audit team, and across business areas to facilitate trusted communication and brand recognition of HBC’s Internal Audit function.
- Seek out and leverage data analytics to produce more robust analysis and recommendations.
- Complete files fully and with accuracy, meeting on-time on-budget requirements.
- Support ICFR program and other ad-hoc reporting and investigation as needed.
What You Will Need:
- University degree
- 4+ years auditing experience
- CPA designation preferred; completion of CPA exam is a must
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation would be an asset
- Understanding of applying the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards and practices
- Demonstrated success building client relationships in an advisory capacity
- Strategic mindset to understand the end to end impacts and business risk analysis
- Fluency in change management and a track record of supporting people teams through the change process
- Ability to bring teams together for effective collaboration, with or without authority
- A keen eye for detail and a passion for accuracy
- Drive to improve processes for improved business results
- Communication skills, both written and verbal, that are highly attuned to the audience
What You Can Expect:
- A fast-moving environment where you will embrace change to ensure the company is competitive and future forward
- A People-Focused Culture of belonging where Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are embedded in everything we do.
- An opportunity to work with highly supportive teams to help you build the career you want
- A Competitive benefits package including Flexible paid time off, medical, dental, vision, retirement savings and more
- An agile work environment that facilitates collaboration across teams.
- An amazing Associate discount of up to 40% off of top brands at all of our retail locations
HBC is a holding company of investments and businesses at the intersection of technology, retail operations and real estate. It is the majority owner of iconic ecommerce companies: Saks, a leading online destination for luxury fashion; The Bay, a Canadian ecommerce marketplace; and Saks OFF 5TH, a premier luxury off-price ecommerce company offering top brands at the best prices. These businesses were established as separate operating companies in 2021. HBC also wholly owns Hudson’s Bay, the operating company for Hudson’s Bay’s brick-and-mortar stores, as well as SFA, the entity that operates Saks Fifth Avenue’s physical locations, and O5, the operating company for Saks OFF 5TH stores.
With assets spanning top markets and prime locations across North America, HBC owns or controls—either entirely or with joint venture partners—approximately 40 million square feet of gross leasable area. HBC Properties and Investments, the company’s real estate and investments portfolio business, manages these assets along with additional real estate offerings, including Streetworks Development, its property development division.
Founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s longest continually operating company and is headquartered in New York and Toronto.
NOTE: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest In HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.