Ford is looking for an attorney to join its Corporate and Securities Group in the Office of the General Counsel to provide a wide range of legal services and advice in the areas of securities law and corporate governance. The Corporate and Securities Group is composed of a small group of lawyers who love working together and partnering with their business colleagues. This role will be a remote position but may require participation in periodic in-person team events at Ford’s headquarters in Dearborn, Michigan. The position will report directly to Ford’s Assistant General Counsel and Corporate Secretary. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, enjoys working collaboratively but with autonomy, and values the opportunity to work directly with a large and sophisticated team of business clients on a variety of significant matters.
What you’ll be able to do:
- Analyzing and advising business clients on SEC reporting and disclosure matters, national securities exchange rules, capital raising transactions, and corporate governance matters
- Assisting in the preparation of current, quarterly, and annual reports, proxy statements, Section 16 filings, securities offering documents, and other SEC filings
- Supporting corporate financing and capital markets funding transactions
- Advising on corporate governance issues, including board and committee matters, executive compensation, and public company communications
- Advising business clients on legal issues and risks, company policies, and strategy
- Managing external counsel
- Contributing to industry initiatives through trade organizations
The minimum requirements we seek:
- J.D. from an accredited law school
- 2+ years of corporate and/or securities experience
Our preferred requirements:
- Working knowledge of corporate law, finance, and governance matters
- Experience working with publicly traded companies preferred
- Familiarity with securities laws, including compliance with, and reporting under, the 1933 Act and 1934 Act, a plus
- Experience with financing transactions a plus
- Cross-cultural sensitivity
- Ability to manage multiple internal stakeholders and balance differing opinions and perspectives
- Strong verbal and analytical skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Highly team-oriented
- Flexibility as to the types of projects assigned
- Solid business acumen
- Willingness to work outside of “normal” business hours as required to support transactions
- Ability to manage several simultaneous projects under deadline pressure
- Member of Michigan bar (in good standing) or member (in good standing) of another state bar and eligible for admission as in-house counsel in Michigan if relocating to Michigan
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.