Associate Social Media Specialist
We are Altice USA; a family of businesses that includes Optimum, Suddenlink, Optimum Mobile, Optimum Business, A4 advertising, Cheddar, and News12. Our common goal is connecting our customers to friends and family, shows they love, advertising that resonates and news that matters. We're building a workforce that thrives on collaboration, inclusion, and innovation. We hope connecting you to a potential role is just the beginning.
Cheddar is looking for a hard working, strategic & creative Associate Social Media specialist to help us grow our audience on social media. This includes creating, curating and optimizing content across platforms. The ideal candidate is a team player who has an in-depth knowledge of what works on social media.
- Execute Cheddar's social media strategy and content calendar on Cheddar's social media platforms
- Manage all aspects of social distribution, including the creation, scheduling and optimizing posts for engagement and reach
- Closely follow news and social media trends to create content that builds on the Cheddar voice
- Follow the data: analyze and monitor performance, optimizing the content to grow our channels
- Clip videos from our live programming for distribution on social platforms
- Collaborate with multiple teams to promote Cheddar content that matters
- Assist in the development and maintenance of social best practices
- Test & Learn: test new ways to grow our audience and engage our current audience al Media Manager
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- At least one (1) year of strong and demonstrated experience in social media
- Understanding of major social platforms including: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, TikTok
- A sense of humor and ability to use it judiciously through social media
- Ability to collaborate with a team while also being an individual contributor and self-starter
- Passion for journalism and the news
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
As a condition of employment, New York City requires all private-sector workers assigned to a location in the City to be vaccinated by December, 27, 2021. Accommodations may be available for religious or medical reasons; please visit our accommodations link on the AUSA Career Site.