Reporting to the Supervising Producer of MUNCHIES, you are responsible for much of the back end of our production work: managing, organizing, and filing releases, working with the Rights & Clearance team, Legal team, Post Production team, and other systems at VICE to ensure that our videos are fully prepared and cleared to air. You will also share the responsibility for creating packaging (titles, thumbnails, etc.) for all videos, as well as booking crew for shoots, working with the equipment manager to assess the equipment needed for each shoot, and providing support during shoots.
As associate producer at MUNCHIES, you are the glue that holds our production schedule together with your ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time, existing in different states of completion, across multiple different teams, while also helping out on shoots in the studio and field.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Report directly to the Supervising Producer of MUNCHIES
- Ensuring that all steps of licensing, fact-checking, & QC-ing have been followed according to VICE standards
- Create titles, thumbnails, and descriptions for all videos
- Pitch episode ideas and series formats when needed
- Assist on shoots in Munchies test kitchen and field shoots as needed
Experience & Qualifications:
- Ability to work under strict and tight deadlines.
- Must have at least 2+ years of experience in digital video or TV
- Understanding of traditional edit workflows a huge plus
- General understanding of legal hurdles and standards & practices broadly required in video production
- Foundational knowledge of online video platforms, their audiences, and analytic features, predominantly Youtube
- Must be willing & able to work flexible hours
- Have a strong interest and preferable background in food media
Working at VICE:
We want to find people who believe in our mission and goals and feel inspired to grow while they’re here, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn’t invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you’ve got.
VICE Media Group prioritizes the voices, ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don’t just “tolerate” differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE.
In alignment with our Core Behaviors and to ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know by contacting Accommodations@vice.com. We will work together to best meet your needs.
VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
VICE Media (VICE.com, VICE Studios, VICE TV, Virtue, VICE News, Refinery29, PULSE Films, i-D) is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual, and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique, and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.