Associate Legal Counsel
Abercrombie & Fitch is seeking an Associate Legal Counsel to join the Intellectual Property team, within the Legal Department, which supports A&F’s operations around the globe, including in North America, Europe and the Middle East (EMEA) and Asia (APAC). The Associate Legal Counsel will support the IP team on matters related to clearance, enforcement, prosecution, transactional work and beyond. This individual will work closely with the members of the IP team and members of other Legal teams; business partners throughout the Company, including members of the Marketing, Design and Sourcing teams; and outside counsel.
This job is located at our Global Home Office in Columbus, Ohio.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Perform trademark searches and conduct IP clearance review for product, packaging, digital, and marketing materials
- Prosecute domestic trademark applications before the USPTO; manage foreign counsel in the prosecution of foreign trademark applications
- Participate in enforcement efforts, including watch notices, C&D letters, TTAB/foreign oppositions, and litigations
- Strategize, draft, and negotiate agreements concerning IP matters including talent agreements
- Assist with auditing and streamlining the team’s processes, policies, and training materials
What Do You Need To Bring?
- JD degree and current license to practice law in U.S. (eligible to obtain license in Ohio)
- Minimum of 2 years trademark experience with law firm or corporate legal department
- Experience with domestic and international trademark clearance
- Ability to communicate effectively with outside counsel and internal business partners
- Ability to resolve a variety of highly complex issues in creative and effective ways, while maintaining an acceptable level of legal risk
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, high-volume environment and to manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Fluency with web search engines, trademark search databases and portfolio management databases
We lead with purpose and always put our people first, which is evidenced by our Great Place to Work™ Certification, as well as being a 2021 recipient of Fortune’s Best Workplaces in Retail, and named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign for 16 consecutive years. We’re proud to offer equitable compensation and benefits, [including flexibility and competitive Paid Time Off], as well as education and engagement events, including various Associate Resource Groups, volunteer opportunities and additional time off to give back to our global communities.
What You'll Get
As an Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) associate, you’ll be eligible to participate in a variety of benefit programs designed to fit you and your lifestyle. A&F is committed to providing simple, competitive, and comprehensive benefits that align with our Company’s culture and values, but most importantly – with you! We also provide competitive incentives to reward the commitment our associates have for moving our global business forward:
- Incentive Bonus Program
- Paid Time Off and Work From Anywhere Flexibility
- Paid Volunteer Day per Year, allowing you to give back to your community
- Merchandise Discount
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Available
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Associate Assistance Program
- Paid Parental and Adoption Leave
- Access to Carrot to support your unique parenthood journey
- Access to Headspace dedicated to creating healthier, happier lives from the inside out
- 401(K) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Opportunities for Career Advancement, we believe in promoting from within
- A Global Team of People Who'll Celebrate you for Being YOU
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER