At Everlane, we want the right choice to be as easy as putting on a great T-shirt. That’s why we partner with ethical factories around the world. Work with high quality and more sustainably sourced materials. And share the true cost of every product we make. But there's a lot more work to be done, and we're excited to be growing a team of motivated humans that are up for the challenge.
Everlane is building a first-class design team, and we are currently looking to fill an Associate Designer level position that will focus on female Cut and Sew, Knits and Sweaters. You must be passionate, enthusiastic, and rigorous, with an obsessive eye for detail.
You will bring your designs to life by reviewing samples, attending fittings, and collaborating with product development, merchandising, and production teams. Our designs are seen by hundreds of thousands of people and are consistently featured in popular fashion publications.
Our brand ethos and design aesthetic is one of purity and simplicity; less is more. Our vision is to create perfect and timeless wardrobe pieces for every woman. We rely on a maniacal editing process to get these essential pieces just right, from fabric to fit, to drape and construction.
The ideal candidate graduated from a competitive design school and has 1+ years experience working with highly respected fashion houses. This is a full-time role based at our San Francisco office headquarters in the Mission neighborhood. This person will report to our Lead Designer for Women's Knits & Sweaters.
- Report to and support the Design Lead in the creation of female knit product
- Initiate designs beginning with thorough research and inspirational images
- Work closely with other members of the design team to develop cohesive seasonal product grouping
- Hand sketch initial ideas, and computer sketch final ideas
- Assist in the creation of technical packages
- Work closely with the technical design and product development teams to communicate the vision behind the products
- Assist with the preparation of presentations for milestone meetings
- Track and catalog lab dip, fabric, trim and wash development
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design (or equivalent experience and education)
- 3+ Years of relevant experience in knit and/or sweater design
- Elevated taste level and keen eye for color, trend and detail
- Entrepreneurial attitude with creative thinking skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Well versed in Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaborative attitude
- Curiosity and a desire to learn
As part of our commitment to health and safety for our teams, we’re taking a responsible approach to creating the safest working environment we can. As part of that commitment, COVID-19 vaccines are required for all current and future Everlane Team Members that do not require an exemption.