Artists shape culture. They spark conversation, create connection, and bring beauty into the world. Minted is where they come together to reach further. Our online marketplace empowers a thriving community of independent artists to sell and scale their work. We nurture self-expression, cultivate community, and bring the best in visual art to a global audience.
We’re building a new way to discover the world’s best creative talent. We’re here for the emerging talent ready to take off, the local favorites ready to grow, and the established artists ready to dream bigger.
At Minted, our people don’t just believe in the power of art–we live it. We have our finger on the pulse of what’s new and now. We’re obsessed with great design, art, and interiors. We’re in galleries, at fairs, and constantly finding inspiration online. We seek undiscovered talent that deserves to stand up and stand out. We connect with artists that have something to say, and we collaborate to amplify their work.
We recognize the challenges independent artists face, and we leverage our resources to level the playing field and create a platform that gives artists the freedom to develop their craft and grow their business.
Who we’re looking for
Minted is seeking an Associate Art Editor hire to join our Brand Team. We are looking for a junior-level editor, with a keen editorial eye, strong work ethic and desire to learn the art and science of selecting merchandise to build brand impression and drive sales.
You combine a sophisticated lens with a relentless curiosity in cultural, art, design, and home décor trends. Further, you demonstrate the left- and right-brain skills that allow you to create onsite and in-store experiences/visual displays that align with the Minted brand aesthetic and merchandising principles. You enjoy bringing inspiration to the table as much as executing with others to bring their vision to life. You thrive in a fast-paced, and highly collaborative team environment – and bring a high level of fastidious, attention to detail to everything you do.
Who you’ll work with
This position reports to the Sr. Art Editor and works cross-functionally with many teams across the organization, including but not limited to Merchandising, Communications and Creative.
What you’ll work on
- Ensure the Minted brand image is conveyed through online and offline visual merchandising and set a high standard for delivering brand consistency through visual merchandising concepts.
- Partner with the Creative and Merchant teams to ensure brand synergy through merchandising.
- Create a merchandising look that draws customers in and makes them want to purchase.
- Continually generate fresh ideas in merchandising and display.
- Comply with and adhere to company visual presentation directives and standards.
- Have a deep understanding of Minted merchandise across verticals and our artist community.
- Review creative assets to ensure merchandising is well curated and meets brand and brief requirements.
- Serve as a visual merchandising resource and evangelist for the Brand team.
- Ensures the highest level of service to all internal and external clients.
- Provide store visual merchandising at the San Francisco Minted Local store and any other physical retail outlets.
- Undertake special projects that require visual merchandising and editorial support.
- Provide editorial guidance for new products.
What you bring to Minted:
- 2+ years of experience in visual merchandising, interior styling or relevant work experience
- Visual merchandising experience in a retail environment; stationery, art, or home decor product categories experience a plus
- Impeccable taste and eye for trend
- An interest in learning about the retail industry, and e-commerce in particular
- Planning, organization, and communication skills to complete projects on schedule
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- The ability to work well under pressure and shifting priorities, managing multiple projects and re-prioritizing as needed using organizational skills to manage details effectively
- Proficiency in Google Suite a plus
- Bachelor’s or Associate Degree in fine or applied arts, or work equivalent