Assistant to VP
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Working independently with little supervision
- Communicating effectively and professionally with all levels of employees and external contacts is a must.
- Managing daily dynamic calendars for Senior Management including making calendar decisions on their behalf to effectively prioritize their time and critical role
- Coordinating advanced domestic and complex international travel (flights, hotel, rental cars, etc.) for multiple travelers and trips with multiple connections and countries. This includes advanced understanding of travel visas and documentation as well as expense reconciliation.
- Using effective and tactful verbal and written communication skills to convey complex and/or detailed information
- Completing tasks with multiple steps that can be performed in various orders; implement substantial planning and prioritization to complete such tasks effectively
- Solving salient problems; multiple approaches may be necessary to solve a problem, thus advanced analysis and interpretation skills are required.
- Compiling information from various sources and preparing complex correspondences, reports, spreadsheets, and presentations with the appropriate syntax and grammar.
- Expertly completing various office tasks (e.g., iProc creation, using a Pcard, maintaining office files, supplies, and equipment, submitting expense reports, and checking requests, arranging for shipping, maintaining vendor tracking and support, etc.).
- Answering, screening, routing and/or responding to internal (with exposure/requests from multiple directors and above) and external phone calls.
- Arranging and coordinating various complex types of meetings including luncheons, conferences, and team building events. These events may include external customers and vendors.
- Frequently transports between offices, buildings, and campuses up to ½ mile.
- Frequently transports and installs equipment up to 5 lbs.
- Performs required tasks at various heights (e.g., standing or sitting).
- Monitors and utilizes computers and test equipment for more than 6 hours a day.
- Continuous communication which includes the comprehension of information with colleagues, customers, and vendors both in person and remotely.
A detail-oriented individual with an elevated level of professionalism, reflecting a positive attitude, flexible, self-motivated, and eager to provide complex and advanced administrative assistance to a VP and/or SVP.
Applies advanced knowledge of industry standards in various administrative areas, including policies, guidelines, and procedures.
Leverages advanced proficiency in various types of software including Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, & PowerPoint) and shared file services (SharePoint, MS Teams, OneDrive, etc.) in order to provide effective and efficient support.
Exercises professional and ethical judgement as work is generally of a critical or confidential nature. The candidate will be interfacing internally and externally; communicating effectively and professionally all levels of employees and external contacts is a must.
Assignments may be of a diverse scope and related to various functional areas.Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.