Assistant Store Manager
Mejuri is the category-defining fine jewelry brand designing high-quality pieces created to be worn every day. Feeling disconnected from an industry that typically markets to men, co-founder and CEO Noura Sakkijha leveraged her learnings as a third-generation jeweler to rethink the way women purchase jewelry—for themselves. In only seven years, and with a team of over 75% women, Mejuri has shipped over one million orders and opened eight retail stores across the globe, all while introducing new products weekly.
As part of Noura’s original vision to empower women to invest in themselves, the brand launched the Mejuri Empowerment Fund to support underrepresented women and non-binary individuals with the tools to empower themselves. Mejuri continues to reach new customers through exciting community initiatives and expansion into international markets, such as the UK, Australia and Germany.
We are a team of retailers, creatives, technologists and strategists, and we are looking for someone special to join our team.
The Assistant Store Manager is a dynamic individual with an entrepreneurial mindset, exceptional customer service skills and a passion for leading and coaching teams. In supporting the Store Manager, the Assistant Store Manager is second in command and has a tremendous impact on driving growth and achieving the KPI’s, providing the best in class customer service experience for our dear clients, supporting talent acquisition & development activities, visual merchandising, and operations, while demonstrating the Mejuri core values. You will play an important part in developing a retail environment that is deeply focused around our clients and set the foundation for our sales culture. You are obsessed with every detail when it comes to the customer journey and excel in data-driven decision making.
- Improve the quality of the in-store customer experience by communicating and training staff on Mejuri’s Steps of Selling, fostering relationships through the Mejuri Brand story.
- Provide in-store coaching to staff, working alongside them to demonstrate best practices in hosting, customer service and product knowledge.
- Champion an OMNI business mentality, continuously seeking opportunities to remove barriers to purchase and friction points for customers.
- Partner with marketing & store services team to conceptualize in-store activations, and partnerships, that speak to our community and enhance the customer experience. Host 1 event at your store per quarter.
- Be the voice of the customer, ensuring insights and opportunities to improve brand, product and services are communicated back to Mejuri HQ as needed.
- Promptly respond to and escalate any customer complaints.
- Assist the Store Manager in hiring, coaching, and developing a service-minded and high performing team
- Build and promote strong collaborative relationships in your market and HQ
- Create and participate in new hire onboarding activities for team members, ensuring a high standard for delivery
- Support a performance culture of ownership, continuous improvement and goal achievement
- Clearly communicate expected standards and demonstrate desired behaviours. Lead by example!
- Assist Store Manager in monitoring Employee Relations related matters, fostering a positive work environment
- Manage employee turnover by contributing to a positive, harmonious and stimulating work environment that builds engagement
- Embed the Mejuri values into the team’s daily activities
- Continuously network and build a candidate pipeline for current and future openings
- Maximize results and achievement of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), by driving own performance as well as the performance and engagement of the team
- Set and communicate sales and productivity goals for the team, track store’s performance at all times and achieve sales through teamwork
- Drive business through clienteling, sourcing new customers, and fostering ongoing productive relationships with customers
- Review weekly and monthly sales and product performance data taking action to improve sales performance
- Review space productivity data and take action to maximize productivity and sales performance
- Gather insights from customers, communicating them to HQ
- Support in store marketing and promotional initiatives at a high standard and communicate cross functionally
- Supporting maintenance of visual and operational standards with the leadership team
- Assist with the store schedule and apply the practices of labour optimization when scheduling to support great customer experience
- Support in managing time off requests and scheduling
- Manage all office and cleaning supply inventory, placing orders as needed via our supply vendor.
- Complete all necessary documentation for Write Offs, monitoring reasons and taking action to reduce Write Off’s where possible
- Manage team to prepare for and conduct stock-takes in a timely and effective manner
- Report any issues within the store to the Head Office including maintenance, cleaning and safety issues.
- Manage security of store, products and team, raising any issues with Head Office
- Maintain Mejuri brand standards of visual presentation, cleanliness and functionality of displays, working closely with the Visuals Lead and managing their time and productivity
- Supporting the collection and analysis of data related to merchandising and working collaboratively with your leadership team to maximize for profitability
- Ensure all appropriate merchandising collateral is set up according to guidelines
- Focus on inventory analysis, flag, identify and action any inefficiencies
- Track and drive inventory KPI performance
- Inform HQ of any internal (team members) and external (customer) feedback
What you'll bring to the team:
- 2+ years minimum experience as a leader in retail, sales or customer service
- Understanding of local market challenges and requirements relevant to new store openings
- A desire to deliver exceptional customer service
- Demonstrated understanding of service excellence in a consumer environment
- Excellent communication skills
- You stay current and are on top of trends in retail, you’re well connected, and you know how to navigate and grow your network to get the introductions you need
- The desire to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment –you understand the importance of experimentation and iteration
- Bonus: you’ve worked at a start-up or fast growing company
Benefits at Mejuri:
- A minimum of two weeks vacation (for full time employees), plus personal days and three religious observance days.
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits, including mental health coverage, and generous personal and sick days for our full-time employees.
- Semi-annual performance and compensation reviews.
- Internal coaching department and learning and development to support career growth and plans for everyone.
- A generous product discount plus store credits.
Accommodation / Accessibility:
Mejuri does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, ancestry, colour, place of origin, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, family status or marital status, or any other protected category recognized by provincial or federal laws.
Should you require any accommodation, please inform us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, requests for information in accessible alternative formats or to report any accessibility problems, please share in your application.