Assistant Store Manager
At Wilson, we are here to empower every human to live like an athlete. Passion. Creativity. Integrity. Teamwork. Ambition. Innovation. These are the qualities that have made Wilson Sporting Goods Co. the number one sports equipment brand in the world. We come together to win, grow, and celebrate. We all play for Team Wilson. We all have a role to play within our organization and are working towards the same goal. One team, one dream.
We believe that being an athlete isn’t something you do, it’s who you are. It’s a universal code of conduct, a way of seeing the world and how you show up every day. We seek out diverse voices and welcome all perspectives. Our team is composed of individuals with unique backgrounds, points of view and experiences. These perspectives create a rich and diverse culture in which we learn from one another through empathy and inclusion.
Evolving the sports world and being the best partner for players, athletes, and our community is no small task. We are continually looking to add enthusiastic, ambitious, team-first individuals who desire to make a difference —and who love to help others win. Together, we will create a better world through sport. Join us.
What You'll Do
Wilson Sporting Goods is expanding our business through thoughtful, elegant, technical sportswear and experiential retail stores. We believe that the Athlete Advisor role is the most important role in the company. As the Assistant Store Manager, you will partner with the Store Manager and Wilson team members to drive the success of your store’s business and activate an exceptional community experience.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support the Store Manager to attract, develop, and lead a team of committed Athlete Advisors in engaging with and educating the community on world leading product technology.
- Support the building of community by connecting through deep relationships within a newly established market.
- Support the store opening and contribute to the leadership experience. You engage with the fast paced, high growth, global community to evolve best in class practices and iterate on innovative retail experiences.
- Collaborate with your peers and support your team to drive unique product experiences within your community.
- Effective and impactful visual merchandising of sportswear and hard goods product.
- Support the full store operations experience with a deep commitment to the athlete and team member experience.
- Use Key Performance Indicator analytics as tools to drive your business forward with educated and informed decision making.
What We're Looking For
This role requires one to three years of retail leadership experience, including fashion or sportswear retail, and demonstrated ability to build long lasting, meaningful relationship within communities. A passion for sports or sports brands is always a plus!
Other qualifications include:
- You have proven success in developing leaders and see opportunities to further engage with their development goals.
- You have a proven ability to set a clear vision, align your team around common goals and foster commitment to these objectives.
- You are passionate about delivering an exceptional consumer experience, every day.
- You have never met a stranger and love solving for the needs of every athlete who comes in your store.
- You have outstanding communication skills.
- You are driven by a high level of autonomy and excel in an entrepreneurial environment.
- You value bold ideas and pursue progress at every turn.
- You stand up with conviction for what you believe in, acting with integrity and respect in every situation.
What We’ll Provide
We offer an innovative, inclusive, and people-first environment with competitive benefits and perks, including:
- Paid time off for part- and full-time employees
- Education reimbursement
- Medical, dental and vision
- Pre-tax transit discounts
- 401(k) with company match
- Life insurance
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Professional development opportunities
- Volunteering programs
- Team-building outings
- Discounts on Wilson and Amer Sports products
Wilson Sporting Goods Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics.