Assistant Social Media Editor
Serious Eats is seeking a full-time assistant social media editor to join our team. The primary goal of this role is promoting Serious Eats on social media channels, producing standout content across all platforms, and assisting the Social Media Editor in achieving our ambitious future social media goals. This role is ideal for someone who (1) has experience writing copy for social media accounts, (2) has a strong visual eye, and (3) above all, adores food. This position reports to our Social Media Editor.
As a food website that reaches millions per month, Serious Eats has the power and responsibility to create positive change. We are focusing our hiring efforts on diversity, equity, and inclusion to build a team that reflects our mission for racial equity in everything we do.
About Your Contributions:
- Promote Serious Eats content with intention and strategy in mind to increase our social reach and audience. (Current platforms include Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and TikTok.)
- Monitor all accounts routinely, surface issues that arise on any platform and assist with community management.
- Assist our Social Media Editor in enforcing our brand’s social voice, putting guidelines in place for takeovers, visual best practices, and written copy.
- Work with Social Media Editor to execute campaigns around editorial tentpoles.
- Pitch social media take-overs, initiatives, and other social-only campaigns.
- Generate and analyze performance reports for all of our social media platforms, and use these reports to contribute to future strategy conversations.
- Keep on top of social media trends and explore new, emerging platforms.
- 1+ years experience managing or contributing to a brand’s social media platforms
- Excellent written communication skills; experience writing engaging copy specifically for the web and social media
- Experience with and enthusiasm for using analytics tools to create reports
- Experience with visual storytelling, creating pins, and basic photography
- A love for all things related to food, cooking, and being in the kitchen, and a deep passion for connecting people through social media
- Ability to work in a remote environment
- Self-driven; high degree of collaboration, organization, and positivity; ability to thrive in a fast-changing environment