Assistant Operations Manager
As Assistant Operations Manager of Distribution, you will be supporting the Operations Sr. Manager and Operations Manager in leading and executing functional processes under an automation environment, across multiple areas within the Distribution Center.
Supporting the development of teams and engaging a team with a “Can Do” attitude to drive and achieve the overall goals. This includes mentoring, motivating, and coaching to drive excellence and solve problems. Fully understand and prepare for and adjust to the complexities and immense scale of the operation during peak and maintain the same drive to keep the teams engaged and prepared during non-peak season. This means creating objectives, continuous development training, cross functional training, look for ways to improve areas for efficiency opportunities and enhancements. Capture and Interpret data and deliver results that will drive productivity and efficiency.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
We celebrate diversity--of your background, your experiences and your unique identity. We are committed to ensuring an inclusive and equitable workplace where all of our employees can Come as They Are. We believe that when we bring our different perspectives to work, we are truly Better Together.
The primary functions of this role, include but are not limited to:
- Leading and developing from front line Supervisors, Operations Leads, and hourly full time/temp associates through the Deckers principals.
- Building and delivering productivity plans by reviewing work forecast determining productivity requirements and partnering with other area leaders to balance labor.
- Support all safety OSHA compliance to ensure areas are a safe working conditions for ALL associates.
- Determine customer priorities and sort by high to low, assign resources to be able to meet shipping container deadlines.
Who You Are
- 5 years or more of leadership experience in a distribution, fulfillment, or production environment. Experience working alongside contingent workforce. A leader with a proven track record in a big box setting. Experience supervising front line supervisors and has managed large scale operations. Large scale workforce. Experience motivating workforce working long hours and weekends.
We’d love to hear from people with
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Supply Chain certification courses, Lean, Six Sigma certification or related filed.
- Familiarization with process improvement through lean process, Kaizen and Six Sigma. Able to adjust to ambiguous settings and are able to execute on deadlines.
What We'll Give You:
- Competitive Pay and Bonuses - We’ve created a variety of competitive compensation programs to foster career development, reward success and to show our employees just how much they’re valued.
- Financial Planning and wellbeing - No matter what financial goals our employees have set, we want to help them get there. Our plans provide powerful ways to protect income, pay for expenses and invest in the future.
- Time away from work - Sometimes we need time away to be with family, focus on our health or just simply recharge. Our plans support our employees’ needs to get out, get healthy and come back stronger than ever.
- Extras, discounts and perks - Being a valued member of the Deckers Brands team means more than just a paycheck. From generous discounts to community-based programs, we offer a variety of cool extras
- Growth and Development - Deckers Brands was built on the idea of pursuing passion. That’s why we offer extensive opportunities and support for personal and professional development.
- Health and Wellness - There’s nothing basic about our comprehensive health and wellness programs and offerings. While at work and at play, we aim to support a healthy lifestyle.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Diversity and inclusion are key to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds who share a passion for our brands. We welcome qualified applicants regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition and all of the other beautiful parts of your identity.