Centric Brands is a leading lifestyle brand collective that designs, sources, markets and sells high quality products in multiple segments, including women’s, men’s and kid’s apparel, accessories, entertainment and beauty. Centric Brands is focused on our customers and our brands that will drive the company’s future growth. We are defined by innovation as we seize new opportunities and thrive in an environment informed by creativity and thinking that is both analytical and outside the box. Centric Brands reflects a team built on respect, for others and for the hard work it takes to achieve our goals and build our bright future together.
From developing the product strategies to growing our brands, Merchandising careers at Centric Brands offer exciting possibilities to grow a career with one of world’s foremost lifestyle brands collectives. From helping develop the merchandise mix to ensuring stores and online site have the right products in the right quantities to creating the long-term brand strategy, a career in merchandising and planning offers you a chance to make a positive impact on our success – and yours.
Specific Responsibilities Would Include
As the Assistant Merchandiser for Hudson Jeans, you will be supporting the Senior Merchandiser in the daily activities to support the Product Strategy and Range Plan for Denim and Apparel, contributing to preparing and managing collection development and presentation documents, as well as supporting in product performance analysis and market trends research.
Also supporting the Senior Merchandiser to ensure all key deadlines are met, key documents are created and distributed, and help to maintain the merchandising calendar deadlines.
Strong communication, attention to detail, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment are required.
- Create and maintain seasonal excel and visual line sheets– distributing weekly updates when needed and partner with the Planning/Production/Design team to keep the change log regularly and accurately updated.
- Assist Senior Merchandiser with the creation of seasonal selling reports as needed for select milestone meetings.
- Collaborates and helps to prepare for key milestone meetings (Adoption, Line Reviews, Sales Meetings, Best Sellers, etc)
- Assist Marketing department with set up of NuOrder for seasonal collections and overall go to market strategy
- Assist Senior Merchandiser with the execution of all exclusive/chase requests as well as own all chase-related documents. Partner with PD and Production to communicate the best delivery (includes SMUs & Nordstrom Anniversary).
- Manage seasonal style approval process in system (PLM & IBT systems).
- Work closely with the SMS team to ensure timeliness of sample needs for all key accounts as well as photoshoots and milestone meetings. Maintains organized sample rack and keeps track of sample location.
- Partner with Site Merchandising to ensure products & product knowledge is up-to-date and featured correctly.
- Maintain a keen understanding of market trends and overall competitor landscape to aid with pricing analysis.
Our Best Fit Candidate Would Have
- BA or BS preferred.
- Experience in Merchandising or Buying role is a plus
- High Integrity and positive attitude.
- Strong knowledge in Excel & PowerPoint - proficiency in Excel including VLOOKUP, pivot tables, and overall data analysis.
- Strong analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills with the ability to partner and raise concerns/find thoughtful solutions.
- Ability and natural drive to create and maintain organization within the department.
- Detailed oriented with a high level of accuracy when it comes to data entry.
- Capable of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment with a commitment to follow through on all tasks/projects and deadlines.
- Passionate about product – previous experience in denim is a plus.
- PLM and NuOrder experience a plus.
In return, we provide an industry-competitive salary, along with a comprehensive benefits plan (medical, dental, vision) that includes a matching 401 (k), Summer Fridays, generous PTO, merchandise discounts, excellent career development opportunities, and a work environment that reflects our industry leadership. Our social impact program, Centric Cares, focuses on volunteerism to make a difference in communities we live and work in and our D&I committee is shaping the future of diversity, equity and inclusion at Centric Brands though workshops, resources and inspiring conversation.
Salary Range: $47,000 to $55,000
At Centric Brands, we believe our people are our greatest asset, and we seek to structure competitive compensation offers to ensure that we are able to attract and retain the best talent. Our job postings include an annual base salary range at the time of employment. The stated base salary range represents our good faith estimate as to what candidates are likely to expect, and we tailor our offers within the range based on several factors, including the selected candidate's educational and professional experience, industry knowledge, location, technical and communication skills, and other factors that may prove relevant during the selection process. Base salary is a part of a total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, annual bonus and other Centric Brands sponsored benefit programs.
Be part of our growing community by getting involved with groups, teams and initiatives like Be Green, Be Giving, and Be Celebrated.
Centric Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer