Assistant Marketing Manager
We’re always looking for talent that believes in having fun. At PENN Entertainment, you’ll get to be a part of an exciting industry, where the days and nights are fast paced. You’ll work with an incredibly diverse set of co-workers driven by their enthusiasm for helping people find and have more fun. You’ll also get to work at a company that cares about your career growth and will help you get the support you need to expand your possibilities.
Click HERE to learn more about our Day 1 Benefits, 401k Program, Company Perks, Career Opportunities, Advancement Programs, Scholarships and more!
WE LOVE OUR WORK.
- Responsible for supervising staff and the overall daily management of a designated shift. Supports, administers and manages operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives.
- Adheres to scheduling and coordinates with manager any scheduling concerns, with attention to guest satisfaction.
- May be responsible for assisting in the budget process for the department by providing recommendations; supports compliance to departmental budget initiatives; reporting budget concerns to manager.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs. Ensures customer service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise.
- Enhance guest interactions by providing a friendly greeting, offering directions, answering questions, making announcements, and creating an upbeat and positive atmosphere.
- Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all regulatory compliance within area of responsibility and reporting potential issues to management.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters
- Assists in managing all marketing support services to include advertising, public relations, and internal department requests. Responsible for press releases and media correspondence in relation to marketing programs or property advertising.
- Maintains relationships with outside vendors to ensure timely, accurate, and cost effective production campaigns.
- Assists in managing all property Promotions to include slot tournaments, brand promotions and VIP events. Executes and enforces strategic plans and calendar for promotions and host goals. Assists in oversight of media used to communicate current and upcoming promotional efforts for the guests, team members, and regulatory agencies.
- Assists in managing and oversight of the marketing efforts for all communication efforts for the company in the social media sphere, with a consistent and appropriate voice. Monitors social media and web for opportunities to engage in active and relevant conversations about the property. Assists in managing overall brand on social media and create on line marketing strategies.
- Assists in planning and organizing the regularly scheduled entertainment acts for all performances on property. Dress in appropriate uniform/attire based upon event/venue, occasionally a costume may be used.
- Creates and manages direct mail production schedule and calendar. Works with outside vendors and centralized database team for the timely execution of all campaigns.
- Develops, implements, executes & analyzes strategies for direct marketing campaigns.
- Works with creative team to produce direct marketing collateral.
- Responsible for securing all regulatory approvals for all direct marketing campaigns.
- Responsible for the property-wide communication of all direct marketing campaigns.
- Works with Director of Casino Marketing for Host List evaluation & development, Event/Task management and other analytical needs.
- Works closely with the Promotions Team on the creation and execution of all MGT campaigns.
- Creates Pre & Post campaign proformas for all Marketing campaigns.
- Manages database marketing budget for Promo Play & campaign execution.
- This position may or may not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Responsible for staff development and training programs.
- Responsible for rewards and recognition program to maximize employee engagement.
- Evaluates team members within department and delivers constructive feedback to employees in regards to performance.
- Provides recommendation for staffing (including interviewing and hiring) and scheduling (planning, assigning and directing work) to meet business needs.
- Manages work procedures and expedites workflow.
- Provides recommendation for employee performance (disciplining, coaching, and counseling).
BRING US YOUR BEST.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Associates degree (A.A.) in marketing, finance or related field; two years progressively more challenging leadership roles in marketing or operations; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in multiple communication channels including direct mail, e-mail and social media required.
- Must have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Must have technical proficiency and knowledge in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Strong client interface and presentation skills preferred.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Must have demonstrated ability to drive toward results.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in in English may also be required.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Employee must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state and local regulations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Employee could be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted second hand tobacco smoke.
STAY IN THE GAME. FOLLOW US.
We’ve grown to become the most innovative omnichannel provider of entertainment experiences, thanks to our 12 retail brands representing 43 destinations across North America, and online gaming via theScore |BET.
Being an industry leader means more than being a purveyor of fun. We are also committed to values like diversity and sustainability — for our community, our team members, our vendors, and our planet.
Equal Opportunity Employer