Assistant Market Manager
PODSValley Cottage, NY7 days ago
PODS is looking for an Assistant Market Manager to assist the daily operations of a storage center within a designated territory. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, directing day-to-day supervision of a storage center and associates, assist the Market Manager in meeting customers’ expectations, and maintaining all OSHA and preventative maintenance programs for the storage center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure AM SOP compliance for SC Workers
- Dispatch & time-stamping assistance for drivers
- Print IF waybills for day/Check IF waybills for next day
- Coordinate with local & IF drivers throughout day
- Develop efficient plan to pull containers based on needs
- Convert containers for drivers
- Conduct training and provide guidance to SC workers
- Ensure staging for next day/week
- Lead missing container search and water testing activity
- Monitor Samsara Software/Video and report violations to Market Manager
- Complete any other assigned duties (backup EMT, MM, etc)
- Back up MM as needed (rotate Sundays/weekends)
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILTIES
- Typically reports to Market Manager.
Job IS directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management) Storage Center Workers, Equipment Maintenance Technicians.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: Essential Skills, Abilities and Example Behavior(s)
- Customer Focus: Providing service excellence to internal and/or external customers
- Results Orientation: Focusing efforts on achieving high quality results consistent with the organization's standards
- Teamwork/Collaboration: Working collaboratively with other to achieve organizational goals
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: Education & Experience Requirements
- High School diploma required; college degree preferred or a minimum of 1 years of prior management experience.
- Ability to apply and successfully attain CDL Class B License or higher.
- Must maintain a current/valid driver license from the state in which position is assigned.
- Must be able to obtain PODS forklift certification.
- Ability to obtain a valid DOT medical card.
- Mechanical ability essential to identify problems with equipment.
Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
PODS Enterprises, LLC is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. We will not discriminate unlawfully against qualified applicants or employees with respect to any term or condition of employment based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, place of birth, military service status, or other basis protected by law.