Assistant Manager, Trade Compliance
SPARC Group LLC is an operating partner to several global brands, providing retail, ecommerce and wholesale management, design, sourcing, logistics, construction, real estate and other operational and administrative support. SPARC currently operates Aeropostale, Nautica, Forever21, Lucky Brand, Brooks Brothers, Eddie Bauer and most recently Reebok in the United States and Puerto Rico. SPARC Group LLC is owned, through its parent company SPARC Group Holdings LLC, by Simon Property Group and Authentic Brands Group. With Aeropostale, Nautica, Forever21, Lucky Brand, Brooks Brothers, Eddie Bauer and Reebok combined, SPARC Group operates over 1600 retail locations, a strong wholesale business with thousands of points of sale in the U.S., and the ecommerce platforms for all brands.
The Assistant Manager, Trade Compliance is a member of the team responsible for the classification of the brands skus, maintenance of the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) and duty in the brand’s ERP, liaison with US Customs and Border Protection (USCBP) on issues/request, insure brokers are following outlined procedures and support the compliance of all regulations from USCBP and partner government agencies.
- Assign US and Canadian HTS code to all new SKUs and maintain HTS in brand ERP. Assign and duty amounts, audit duty payments. Participate in line-review activities with merchant/sourcing team.
- Support post entry audits, development of SOPs and auditing duty payments.
- Assist in the set-up of all new and reactivated import vendors and factories for the brand.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for all import related inquiries from internal & external customers, third party service providers, including Customs Brokers, US Customs and Border Protection Regulations and Fish & Wildlife.
- Manage First Sale, Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ), Free Trade Agreements (FTAs) and duty drawback programs and provide reporting to the team.
- Assist with / oversee export paperwork creation.
- Audit broker and paperwork flow, communicate with USCBP, maintain records in compliance to USCBP regulations
- Maintain vendor manual in conjunction with business partners in Production, Social Compliance, Distribution Center, Inbound Logistics, Operations and Product Compliance.
- Communicate with vendors on requirements.
- Understand duty deferral programs by origin and communicate changes and/or new opportunities to help guide sourcing strategy.
- Run ACE and other reports as needed.
- Support brand level import operations teams when needed for daily activities.
- Find efficiencies and cost saving opportunities in current processes.
- Perform other duties as required
- Minimum 1-3 years Import/Export Customs Brokerage experience preferred
- Experience in application of regulatory requirements, forms, licenses and certifications affecting imported and exported products. Working knowledge/mastery of US Harmonized Tariff Classification and Free Trade Agreements (CAFTA, AGOA)
- Licensed Customs Broker preferred, not required
- Experience with ACE Portal system preferred
- Systems and Tools Acumen: Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and have aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
- Analytic Skills: Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
- Collaboration: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of partners
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- As an International Retailer, occasional evening and/or weekend work may be required during periods of high volume
- This role operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment
Requirements & EEO Statement
SPARC Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value a culture of inclusion and diversity within our workforce, and are committed to maintaining a workplace free from prohibited employment conduct, including discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status, civil partnership, status as a covered veteran, status in the Uniformed Services of the United States, citizenship and any other characteristic protected by law (“Protected Characteristics”).
Here are our current job openings. Please view the details for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
Fill out an online form to interactively build your profile.