Assistant Manager, Operations
Who We Are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
The Assistant Manager, Operations role is an essential part of the store leadership team and is responsible for making sure our retail business runs smoothly and successfully. Assistant Managers, Operations manage business enablers (including financial, profit and loss [P&L], budget, expenses, and cash) and ensure inventory, supplies, vendor relationships, technology, and facilities are maintained and maximized. They are responsible for writing the store’s weekly schedule and accomplishing people-related administrative activities (including completing payroll and other documentation). Assistant Managers, Operations also execute company-driven operations-focused projects and initiatives at the store level.
Core Responsibilities of the Job
Operations, Product, and Strategy
- Implement the Store Manager’s Operations vision for the store and cascade to team members.
- Plan and prepare weekly team member schedule according to labor requirements, availability, and budget considerations.
- Move dynamically on the retail floor to assess and fulfill the needs of the business, team, and guests.
- Review, monitor, and partner with Store Manager to manage the budget and other business data and metrics (e.g., P&L statement, expenses) and inform planning processes (e.g., quarterly business review and sales planning).
- Provide retail floor leadership to team members, including planning retail floor coverage and making decisions to maintain efficiency and effectiveness of retail floor operations.
- Support sell-through management by ensuring accuracy of inventory counts and coordinating labor hours to efficiently receive product deliveries.
- Execute company-level operations-focused directives, projects, and initiatives (e.g., from the SSC).
- Understand and adhere to people safety policies and procedures to maintain a safe work environment.
- Perform work in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and laws or regulations.
Leadership and People
- Create and foster a respectful and inclusive team environment by welcoming and celebrating differences to ensure a supportive, productive, and fun experience for all team members.
- Perform administrative actions to support team members, including completing payroll, approving vacation and time off requests, approving shift swaps, and other documentation according to policies and procedures.
- Inform people managers of projected team growth needs to support the building of a strong and diverse team based on operational trends and results.
- Establish supportive and productive relationships with all team members, focusing on personal and professional development.
Guest Experience and Community
- Facilitate a seamless end-to-end guest experience by monitoring the incorporation of omnichannel programs (e.g., in-store guest transactions, buy online pickup in store, phone sales, and ship from store).
- Collaborate with team members to ensure an optimal guest experience that values guests’ time and supports store operations.
- Resolve guest feedback and address issues, including guest escalations and urgent requests, helping to “make it right” for guests.
- Accountable for delegated aspects of controllable budget and labor hours
- Leadership role indirectly responsible for subset of store employees as delegated by Store Manager
What We Look For
- Inclusion & Diversity: Creates/supports an inclusive environment that values/celebrates differences
- Integrity: Behaves in an honest, fair, and ethical manner
- Adaptability/Agility: Navigates uncertainty and ambiguity and can change priorities in a fast-paced environment; recovers quickly from setbacks
- Leadership: Is able and desires to lead and inspire others; motivates, empowers, develops, and directs people as they work
- Collaboration and Teamwork: Works productively with and supports others to achieve common goals; seeks connections, partnerships, and diverse perspectives
- Decision Making/Problem Solving: Identifies opportunities for improvement; evaluates alternatives and makes effective, timely decisions
- Strategic Thinking: Considers the lasting implications of decisions; sets a plan and makes decisions aligned with company strategy, vision, and values
- Business Acumen: Is able to quickly understand and address business information (e.g., profit and loss statements, budgets and sales forecasts, retail strategy and approaches)
- Interactive Communication: Conveys information effectively and understands information shared while interacting with others
- Must be legally authorized to work in the country in which the store is located
- Must have the ability to travel to assigned store with reliable transportation methods
- Work occurs on a variable schedule which could include early mornings, mornings, afternoons, evenings, late nights or overnights as well as weekends and holidays
- 1 year experience managing business operations and administration, including experience with scheduling and management of designated labor hours and managing projects or processes
Job Assets (i.e., nice to have; not required)
- Education: High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience: 1 year retail or sales specific management experience
Work Context (e.g., environment, interactions, physical)
- Work occurs in an environment with bright lights and loud music
- Work is accomplished as part of a team and also independently
- Work may involve managing conflict or mediating problems between others or deescalating guest issues
- Work involves reaching out to meet and build relationships with strangers/new people, and to strengthen existing community partnerships
- Work is sometimes conducted on a computer or other technical devices, including to meet with others virtually
- Work involves moving through a store for most of a shift to help guests and accomplish work, but can also involve sitting for extended periods of time (i.e., more than 1 hour)
- Work may occasionally involve moving boxes weighing up to 30 lbs (13.6 kg)
Compensation & Benefits Package
Our assistant manager, operations base pay ranges from $24.07- $32.57/hour with a target bonus of an additional 25%, bringing our total target compensation range between $30.09- $40.71/hour, depending on location and level of experience. Our pay-for-performance bonus philosophy supports our employees by recognizing exceptional individual and team performance.
At lululemon, our care and investment in our employees does not stop at compensation. Investing in our people is a top priority. We believe that when life works, work works. With extended health and mental health plans, paid time off, savings plans, generous employee discounts, fitness & yoga classes, parenthood top up and more, our benefits support our values and recognize our teams for their performance and dedication. Additionally, our personal and professional development programs include people networks, parenthood support programs, mentorships, and leadership series programming to help employees grow their career.
Note: Availability of the benefits and perks may be subject to your location & employment type and may have certain eligibility requirements. The Company reserves the right to alter these benefits and perks in whole or in part at any time without advance notice.