Assistant Line Producer
REPORTS TO: Associate Artistic Directors
JOB TYPE: Full Time
START DATE: February/March 2023
Medical, dental and vision insurance and life insurance are available.
Relocation fee of $2,000.
The Rep is the St. Louis region’s most honored live professional theatre company. Founded in 1966, The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis is a fully professional theatrical operation belonging to the League of Resident Theatres, The League of St. Louis Theatres and is a constituent member of Theatre Communications Group, Inc., the national service organization for the not-for-profit professional theatre.
ARTISTIC DIRECTOR STATEMENT
The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis is committed to elevating and celebrating our shared humanity through transformational live theatre and programs that cultivate community. The Rep is going through a significant season of evolution. This is a moment of intentional internal evaluation, expansion and reinvestment in the creation, access, and impact of our work. We believe in dynamic, welcoming, bold, innovative art with exceptional production quality and craftsmanship. We believe diversity is a value in every sector of our theatre and center the idea of lifelong learning off and on the stage. There has never been a better time to join The Rep family. We are looking for an Assistant Line Producer that embraces these values and seeks to be a thought-leading voice as we build strong, sustainable, equitable processes to support exceptional artistry. I believe in the fundamental power of our art form to transform lives and community. As Artistic Director, I welcome you to bring the whole of your ingenuity, your dreams, and your talents to the theatre. Let's craft the future of the American Theatre together.
-Hana S. Sharif
The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis creates bridges between people in the St. Louis region and beyond through expertly crafted theatrical experiences that are joyful, unique, inspiring and thought-provoking.
The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis will be a welcoming home where a full spectrum of artists and audiences courageously engage with one another and expand their appreciation and understanding of the world.
- Collective Excellence
- Equity and Anti-Racism
- Resource Stewardship for Sustainability and Growth
- Life-long learning
The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis is seeking an Assistant Line Producer to join the Artistic Department. As the Assistant Line Producer, you will work with the Associate Artistic Directors on Mainstage, Studio, and LACE (Learning & Community Engagement) programming [including the Imaginary Theatre Company (ITC)] and other community-facing projects as needed and on Rep events and projects as assigned. This position will interface with multiple departments across the organization. This position plays a key role in the assistance of day-to-day planning and management of The Rep’s productions. The Assistant Line Producer reports directly to the Associate Artistic Directors.
The Repertory Theatre St. Louis is committed to creating a culturally diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as Assistant Line Producer on Mainstage, Studio, ITC, and Community Based productions
- Serve as Assistant Line Producer on assigned programs, including but not limited to New Work Development, Learning and Community Engagement programs and large-scale developments and events
- Act as a liaison between artists and internal departments such as Marketing, Development, General Management and Production
- Collaborate with Production Manager and Company Management to provide support to production and artists
- Communicate with artistic leadership regarding production needs and concerns throughout the rehearsal, preview and performance periods
- Assist the Associate Artistic Directors with setting up local auditions and EPA’s all artistic projects
- Attend production meetings, technical rehearsals and performances and report back to the Associate Artistic Directors and Artistic Director as appropriate
- Review edit and make recommendations during the development process of press releases, programs and other Marketing materials
- As a member of the Artistic Staff, cover external performances in the community and scout artists in the field and report back with recommendations and feedback
- Attend all artistic meetings and participate in the season planning process
- Nights and weekends frequently required
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- Successful candidates identify as proactive, self-starters
- Communication: the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing and work with others to create strong working relationships
- Building Collaborative Relationships: effective at building formal and informal networks inside and outside of the organization to further institutional goals
- Time Management: the ability to use time and resources effectively to achieve desired results in an agreed-upon timeline
- Flexibility: the ability to effectively support projects and projects that will look different on a day-to-day basis
- Anticipatory Problem Solving – the ability to collaborate with the rest of the team to get ahead of any issues that arise
COVID-19 AND VACCINATION POLICY
As a condition of employment, The Rep will require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including one booster.
This job description is designed to provide a general overview of the job’s requirements. It does not entail a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that will be required. The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis reserves the right to modify this job description at any time, including assigning or reassigning job duties or deleting this position.